Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PVCValve harness hose question

RJZR1

Corvette
Yellow 91 ZR1
I noticed the PVC hose had been cut off of my 91 ZR1. The harness that holds the 2 PVC's is connected to the aluminum tube at the plenum but the tubes that connect near the heads are cut. Why would someone do this? Is it important and does anyone know where I can find a replacement. My LT5 is completely stock and the motor runs great.Thanks for any info.Ralph.

So the aluminum tubes are cut, or the rubber tube that connects them is cut? Someone may have rerouted the hoses for some reason.

Are the 2 aluminum hoses that attach to the heads (actually, they are attached to the injector headers which are in-between the heads and the plenum, not the heads) connected to anything, or are they just open? How are the PCV valves connected? It would help to post a picture of your current PCV setup.

Here are some pics of a quick mock-up of my LT5 parts to show you what the PCV system looks like stock (at least, the parts at the plenum):

STA70001-1.jpg

STA70002-1.jpg

STA70003-1.jpg

I have exactly what is shown in the pictures. The aluminum tubes are intact. There is nothing connected to them. The part of the hose that goes to the tubes have been cut away. The PCV's are in the holders and connected to the "suction" tube. The PCV's are connected as they should be but the part of the assembly to the tubes have been cut away. Why i don't know. Thanks for the info and the pictures.

So it sounds like what you need then is the "F" tube (the black, rubber hose assembly with the 2 PCV's in it). A lot of times, it just gets deteriorated and falls apart. I don't know why someone would just cut it, I would think oil would get everywhere with the PCV system not completely connected. They are no longer available from GM. I think you can get them at White Racing Products, LLC. I don't think you can get them anywhere else, unless some NOS ones show up on Ebay.

I know it does not make any sense.The F tube is exactly what I need.Thanks for the info.I really appreciate it.Ralph.

White Racing has a replacement non-GM for $169.00.I ordered it. Thanks again.

Lgaff over at the www.zr1netregistry.com is proposing to have these made. Get on over there, find the thread and post that you are interested in buying.

Actually, I see Lee has a post here too. Lgaff1

"F" tube

So it sounds like what you need then is the "F" tube (the black, rubber hose assembly with the 2 PCV's in it). A lot of times, it just gets deteriorated and falls apart. I don't know why someone would just cut it, I would think oil would get everywhere with the PCV system not completely connected. They are no longer available from GM. I think you can get them at White Racing Products, LLC. I don't think you can get them anywhere else, unless some NOS ones show up on Ebay.

would a leak in this system have the same smptoms as a vacuum leak?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom