Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about frame

nutter_43

Corvette
77 Corvette
I need to know how high the rear part of the frame sits from the ground to the bottom of the frame on a 77 Corvette. I'm rebuilding one and the frame was bent and I'm trying to get it fixed. Can anyone help me or point me to a site that might tell me.
Thanks
jen1101@rogers.com

bobs78

Corvette
50th AE vert - 25th SA - 54 Polo White
The 1977 Chevrolet Service Manual Frame section should have the dimensions you need. My 78 manual has a frame inspection section that tells you how to check the frame with a diagram and various dimensions.

nutter_43

Corvette
77 Corvette
I have already checked my manual but I don't have anything. Thanks for the reply though. I tried to measure another car and got 18.5 inches. Does this sound right?

bobs78

Corvette
My manual says 20 11/16 inches at the very rear. I don't think you can tell too much from just measuring one point on the frame. Send me your email address and I'll send you a scan of the page with the dimensions for a 78.

bobs78

Corvette
I just checked and they are listed as two different part numbers. I don't know what the differences are. In 78 they went to a 24 gal. gas tank and offered the wider 255/60x15 tires. Maybe the birdcage changed a little for the big back window too. Other than that I would think they are very close. The listing has the 75-77 as the same part number.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom