Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about frame

nutter_43

Corvette
77 Corvette
I need to know how high the rear part of the frame sits from the ground to the bottom of the frame on a 77 Corvette. I'm rebuilding one and the frame was bent and I'm trying to get it fixed. Can anyone help me or point me to a site that might tell me.
Thanks
jen1101@rogers.com

The 1977 Chevrolet Service Manual Frame section should have the dimensions you need. My 78 manual has a frame inspection section that tells you how to check the frame with a diagram and various dimensions.

I have already checked my manual but I don't have anything. Thanks for the reply though. I tried to measure another car and got 18.5 inches. Does this sound right?

My manual says 20 11/16 inches at the very rear. I don't think you can tell too much from just measuring one point on the frame. Send me your email address and I'll send you a scan of the page with the dimensions for a 78.

I just checked and they are listed as two different part numbers. I don't know what the differences are. In 78 they went to a 24 gal. gas tank and offered the wider 255/60x15 tires. Maybe the birdcage changed a little for the big back window too. Other than that I would think they are very close. The listing has the 75-77 as the same part number.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom