Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question about the XM Antenna

caddy

Corvette
2005 C6 LeMans Blue
Question about the XM Antenna on the 2005 C6 Coupe

I have a 2005 C6 coupe, and IMHO I think one of the most aweful things Chevy (GM) did was put that Ugly black "ZIT" in the middle of the roof and call it an XM antenna, what a hideous thing to do to one of the most beautiful cars on the planet, anyway that being said, when I took my C6 in the other day to have my roof replaced and painted, I inquired about getting the "ZIT" painted to match my LeMans Blue Color, well a few days later the service writer called and said Chey DOES NOT recommend painting the antenna because of the metal in the paint, it might upset the reception, OK I can understand that, However my question in all this is does anyone have any idea if it would be possible to remove the "ZIT OF AN ANTENNA" and put it somewhere else on the vehicle like the way it's being done on the 2007 models, I heard the antenna was in one of the outside rear view mirrors. Just curious...
thanks

XM ZIT

Just put it anyplace where is has a clear view of the sky. If you put it down low the car itself in certain circumstances will block the signal (like a deep canyon does). Suggestion: paint it the closest NON-metallic color you can find.

On my tour of the factory, Ron (my guide) stated that on the 06 the antenna's for the raido and XM are located in the rear facia and the outside mirrors. Can't remember which one is what. Although this really doen't help you with the hole left in the roof.

If I can relocate that Nasty "Zit" on my roof I'll relocate that antenna and have the roof fixed. Or heck maybe I can do away with the "Zit" altogether and use something else that is available...I wonder if the antenna used in the 2006/2007 is a device or just an end of a wire.
I can always get the hole fixed.

My 2006 Nissan pickup's antenna is painted from the factory. No problems with it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom