Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question to owners of white Vettes.

Alright, you guys did it! You went and made me go out and clean the back of the car.....

Actually I spent the some of the morning and most of the afternoon washing my pickup, the wifes' Bonneville and the Vette. Then I clayed the Vette and put on two coats of Zaino Z2 show car polish. The back end was really bad with all the junk, but the clay bar cleaned it right up and the Zaino made her shine like no other. I'll put a coat of Z5 on later this week and then a coat or two of CS. Then she'll be ready for the trip to Cleveland.

i think of it this way .i want the back clean as that is all i want them to see:D

Maybe it's the NASCAR-style burnouts?

(from B17 Crew: I also have found dead bugs on the rear bumper after driving 65-70 mph on the highway.)

Crew.....take it out of reverse. That'll fix the problem.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

8-23-2006-16.jpg

I guess those guys with the '5s don't have the problem....

Crew.....thanks. I can't tell a joke to save my life. And grief, everyone is so sensitive about flaming, or whatever it's currently called on forums. Glad the comment was received in the spirit of fun as that was the intention.

:Dno bugs on my rear . but i have coilovers so the car is 2in lower, maybe that makes a diff

Crew.....thanks. I can't tell a joke to save my life. And grief, everyone is so sensitive about flaming, or whatever it's currently called on forums. Glad the comment was received in the spirit of fun as that was the intention.

It was funny, it made me laugh! :)

B17Crew
:w

I laughed my ASS off Boeingdriver. Hey what kind of jets do you fly? I was an avionics tech on 76's and 75's for 25 years. I still know plug numbers and wire bundles on those birds. I used to fly them in the sims and go on a lot of test hops. Worked a lot of cool problems too.

My vette is Black but I have to clean the back after every drive.
While some of it is dirt sucked up off the road but for every 10 gallons of gas burned you expel 1 gallon of water out the exhaust pipes.
As you drive the black water blows out and is sucked up onto the back leaving tiny black specs.
Only cure I know of is to keep wiping it off. I carry a MF towel and a small bottle of quick detailer with me because I'm anal about how my car looks

Good idea, I wonder if GM put the C4's in a wind tunnel. Seem like it's an aerodynamic problem. I wonder if the C5 and C6 owners have the same problem.

yes they do.
This is really bad on SUV's or anything with a flat back on it.
Did you ever notice those wind deflectors on the rear roof of vans and SUV's that is to break up that back draft.

Yeah, I have noticed them but I don't think they look good on a Vette. I'm a purist when it comes to the body.

Yea my white Vette used to get them all the time. Its caused by the vortices like you said. I know this sounds bad but if you ever get caught in the rain check the vortices behind your car in the spray. Looking out your rear view mirrors you will see a clockwise swirl from the passenger side and a counter clockwise swirl from the drivers side. It looks really cool.

And yes at the time my white Vette was my daily driver so I didn't worry about rain. ;shrug

:pat

What gets me are the little globs of grease that get thrown up on white C4 bodies from the tires.

It's not tar and it's fairly easy to get off but man, it's a pain to deal with. I get it within 30 to 50 miles of interstate driving. It gets picked up and slung by the tires (I don't have any mud flaps) up onto the quarter panels and lower areas of the doors.

I can only guess that it comes from overgreased chassis dropping excess grease onto the roadway.

I'm taking a previous poster's advice and am going to keep it well waxed. I am glad I am not alone in this. I just KNEW it was the aerodynamics of the design. I need to install winglets back there.
;LOL

Mud flaps? Please!! But, I recently saw something on ebay that would solve this problem for the taillights....it's a kit to flush mount the taillights and bring them out to the edge of the bumper....looked pretty cool!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom