Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Questions for C6 Convertible owners.....

I have a 2005 convertible with 5,000 miles. My wife and I took a long trip in October.
We did have some problem with what we could take in the trunk. However, we found that you can use additonal space with the top up. So we did not get to drive to our
destination top down. However once there, it stayed down. There was less noise in
the car than my 2004 coupe. Also, had the top down in the rain, not bad really. Once
the top was up, no drops leaked inside, very tight fit. The C6 is a big improvement over the C5. Get one, you will love it.

The power top seems to work great, no problems so far.

I love my Vette. I'm thinking though, to maybe swap my C4 LT4 Roadster for a C6 Roadster next spring. A couple things I would like feedback on from C6 Convertible owners.

• How is the cabin for touring with the top up--reasonably quiet? I think (and I may be wrong) that the C4 and C5 interior noise for Verts is similar, but I suspect the C6 is much quieter.
  • I don't have a trunk but would like that feature. Do you find the trunk suitable for touring? How about if you are using it as a day driver and need to throw in golf clubs or even a hockey bag (summer hockey with the boys is the best). How about when the is top down?
  • I find my Vette has very little wind buffeting with the top down...same with the C6?
  • any comments regarding the power top?
  • any other observations?
Thanks,
RG
\
Have C6 convertable last was C5 coupe Sound quiet first thing you
notice. top down no buffeting.. trunk 2 golfbag room w/top up
1 w/top down... or six bags of supermarket size full no problem
LT3 optioned Z51 no repeat no pwr top manual easy 30 seconds
open close... no electrical probs here.. do it you will like it this is my
9th car //rudybkk Tampa//

Thanks to everyone for the info and comments. Needless to say C6 handling, structural stiffness and performance are known elements. These other areas that I asked about are a bit subjective and I wanted to hear your viewpoints. You've filled in the blanks.....thanks again.
RG

I moved from a '95 vert to a C5 FRC. First thing you notice is the structural rigidity. I HATED the chassis flex in my vert which was extremely noticable. This feeling was noticed even more so after driving the FRC and getting into the C4. I haven't spent any time behind the wheel of a C5 or C6 vert but I would guess there is a world of difference between a C5/C6 vert and a C4. The ease of entry and exit is also instantly noticed. Personally, it's a difference that will prevent me from ever owning a C4 again.

Leon

EDIT: I realize that the FRC and C4 vert comparison is off base a bit considering how stiff the FRC is. I just know how I felt when driving my C4 and the noticeable flex would drive me absolutely crazy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom