Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Questions on 1998 coupe

LMN8R

Corvette
1998 Black Coupe
I have almost bought a car, finally. The car in question is a 1998 Coupe with 40,000 miles. I have run the car through the CAC checklist and only have two concerns:

1. The sticker with the RPO's that is in the glovebox has been removed. The current owner has had the car since 7/99 and does not know about the sticker. Are replacements available, and why would anyone remove this in the first place? It is the original glove box door, and I can see the outline where the sticker once was.

2. The car is equipped with climate control. Everything seems to be working fine, but it does not seem to blow air as fast is I thought it would (comparing this to my Oldsmobile). Is this normal?

Thanks for helping with these issues.

;help
-Greg

P.S. Happy Mother's Day to those whom in may concern.

Hi there,
Well, I cannot say why they would remove the RPO label.
However, if you like, you can obtain a list of your options by giving you VIN to the local Chevy dealer, and they can print you out a complete list of the options you have.
As for the fan speed, you may need to have a check performed of the HVAC system to make sure that it is working correctly.
Besttoyou, and your new purchase, c4c5:hb

Sounds good...
What is the HVAC system? I guess I'm clueless on the acronyms.

Thanks.

-Greg :confused

H is for heat
V is for vent
A/C is for Air Conditioning
This is more a trade term .

You can increase the air speed by using the recirculate button. It will double the speed of the blower. Here in Vegas that is the only speed to use in the summer time. That's the price you have to pay for year round driving weather.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Karl-

Thanks for the reply. Is the air speed coming from the ducts supposed to be fairly slow. Do you think that I should expect it to be as fast as other GM cars?

-Greg

I don't know why it isn't as fast as my wife's Lumina. That car will freeze you out real fast. The only way my vette blows fast is with the recirculate.

1998 corvette

Hi , I recently bought a 1998 coupe myself , it had 16500 miles and yes the blower is not as powefull as other cars I have . so therefor it won't give you that instant burst of cold air but it does get the job done . I absolutely love my vette
good luck and lots of fun .
John

When you open the hatch, the RPO sticker is located on the underside of the LEFT compartment cover.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom