Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Race Deck Floors

• Thread starter Vette66AirCoupe
  • Start date
I was just looking into them myself. I'd like to hear from someone who has it installed. I was on the phone with them today and asked about a custom logo and it's about $350 or so for a 3' x 3' section. You can add it after the floor is in as well.

-JimS

My father has them in his garage and he is very happy with them.

What is it you wanted to know about them...?

Are they worth the $$$? Any install problems? Are tiles easy to replace? Are they easily damaged? What do you use to clean them? Does it mesh good with the garage door?

I'm concerned because I have a motorcycle, and floors tend to be slippery, and even worse when wet. I don't want to drop $1200 on a floor that is not exactly what I want.

Thanks for your help!
-JimS

I'd like to add a few questions to Jim's. Has your father ever spilled dirty oil, brake fluid etc. on the flooring and if so tell us about the cleanup? Do tires leave marks? Is the flooring easy to sweep? Will a hot drop light melt it? How about other automotive products like brake Kleen, carb cleaner etc., is the flooring susceptible to damage from those kinds of things? Thank you.

I have installed it, over 400 Square Feet, cost $1,200. Took me less then one day to install, looks great, when (or if) I move I pick it up and it comes with me, and its easy to keep clean.

Jacks, use plywood between jack and floor, same with Jack stands and you have no problem..

I just love it, best thing since ice cream....

I've got about 1500 ft of it that I want to get rid of at cost......all the popular colors. Need to make room in my warehouse. Contact me directly if interested at ultgar@earthlink.net . I'm in Northern NJ for anyone local who wants to pick the tile up and save on freight. Steve

Will fluids soak past it into the cracks and under the floor.?Ultgar email me with price . pats73vette@comcast.net

The Homepro Floor looks fantastic and I'd love to have mine done by them but they do not have anyone in my area (Delaware) that is franchised to do the work. As far as the Race Deck flooring goes, I got a sample in the mail and it looks like it would fit together very tight. Not tight enough to seal out liquids but I think sweeping it would be fine. I think I'd throw a roll of poly down on the floor and install over top of that if I decided to use it.

JS73751 said:
Ultgar, I am interested in the Racedeck Flooring. I live on Long Island and would pick up. How do we hook up to discuss the particulars?
JS
JS73751@aol.com
So what was the outcome? Did you get them off Ultgar and if so, do you like them?

No, I did not purchase the tiles from Ultgar. He has a large lot of tiles in many colors that he was looking to sell as a package. I was looking for just enough to put in my lift area. I have a few tiles that Racedeck was kind enough to send to me as samples
and I have had them in front of one of my work benches for about 6 months. They are easy to clean and comfortable to walk on. The only thing that is they sound "hollow" when you walk across them. Doesn't seem to bother me as much as it used to. I will be ordering the tiles in the fall when the shop is complete. The rest of the floor will be done in gray VCT tile. Tomorrow I am installing a Modine heater in preparation for the Winter.
JS

Race Deck flooring question

Still could not find anyone commenting on brake fluid clean-up with the race deck flooring....
I have a 26-34 new garage and want to make it really look good.
Does anyone know of any outlet to buy these diamond tiles besides directly from Race Deck?
The last comments were from 2003.... surely there is more knowledge about this flooring material.
Would appreciate some help and comments.

Look at Greg Smith Equipment http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Floor-Tile-s/26.htm They have the best price I found for that type of tile. I cannot/will not compare to RaceDeck, as I have never seen the Race Deck (I only have the info from them), but I did purchase some sample tiles from Greg Smith Equipment, I thought they would be very good. When I talked to them on the phone they told me that they have the tiles in their showroom with the four post lift that I purchased sitting on top of them with no ill affects. I haven't gone ahead and bought them, I will have to wait a while, as I just purchased a four post lift from them. :) So my garage budget is spent for a while.

I see you are in Indiana, Greg Smith has a store in Indianapolis, maybe you are close enough to them to go visit for yourself. Here's a quote from their Web page

Our company has been in business for over 27 years. We are not just an internet based company. We have three physical store locations totaling more than 100,000 square feet of office, warehouse and showroom space. We encourage anybody to come visit our facilities.

In August of 2005, Greg Smith Equipment Sales moved into a new 50,000 square foot facility at 5800 Massachusetts Avenue, on the east side of Indianapolis. Our new location has a 10,000 square foot showroom with several two post lifts, four post lifts, motorcycle lifts, tire changers, wheel balancers, etc. on display.

Thanks for the lead to Greg Smith. I called and they are sending me some samples. Sounds like they are comparable to Race Deck, and A lot less in cost. They have both a rubber tile and a plastic tile. Both have an interlock feature but cannot be mixed between the two.
Thanks again for the lead.:cool

Thanks for the lead to Greg Smith. I called and they are sending me some samples. Sounds like they are comparable to Race Deck, and A lot less in cost. They have both a rubber tile and a plastic tile. Both have an interlock feature but cannot be mixed between the two.
Thanks again for the lead.:cool

I specifically had them send me the factory seconds as my samples ($1.29/tile)....frankly I couldn't see anything wrong with them. The biggest thing was getting enough of the different colors to do the pattern I want to do.

toms94
Did you receive your samples from Greg SMith Equip? I received a nice package last saturday and it included the plastic tiles and two rubber ones... They look really good. The rubber ones are only 1/4" thick and have an interlock. I did a floor layout with color and a lot of black and white checkered. My next stop is ot go down to see their store display. They say they have four post lifts sitting on the plastic tiles. Thew only thing about the rubber tiles is losing capability of sliding anything around on them... It is like a rubber mat, with no slipage. Should be great in the garage.
Let me know what you think of your samples.

The samples I received were of the plastic tiles and I really like them. I will keep them in mind. Out of the question right now as I just got my 4 post lift from them this past Friday, so my garage budget is gone for a while.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom