Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radiator Electric Fan Required?

91-Vetteman

Corvette
1991 Blue Coupe
I pulled my radiator / shroud / electric fan assembly, I will be replacing with a Dewitt aluminum. My 81 originally had AC installed. No more, I only ride my car on nice sunny days April to October when temps are <80 degrees. I have removed the AC condenser/radiator (will not be replacing), compressor, and all hoses. I do not have any of the smog / air pump equipment connected or in place any longer. In VA, > 25 years old is an antique and no longer requires state inspections.

My question is, with the new aluminum Dewitt radiator and the loads mentioned above removed; do I still need to have the radiator electric fan installed and operational?

Hello from Mechanicsville. Sorry I have no knowledge to add, but am curious as to what others think, so here's a bump for you. I plan to keep the A/C on my 79, but may eventually go to a DeWitt's setup with their electric fan.

Hi All,
I recently had an aluminium radiator custom made for my 1981. They also made up and fitted 2 x 14 inch fans to the radiator, all in a very nice polished surround. The top of the radiator also has a polished surround. The whole thing looks fantastic and I have no worries even on our hottest days in summer. Also, I am still running and using my air conditioner. Even on a very hot day in the hardest conditions (traffic or up hills) once these fans cut in, I can watch the temp gauge going down.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
George.

It cant hurt to leave the fan, as insurance for those days when it might get hotter than you like it to..I'd hate to be sitting in traffic somewhere with an overheating corvette,knowing I could have prevented it by leaving the electric fan in it!!!!It could mean the diffence between a ride home in the vette or on a wrecker!!!
JMHO

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom