Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

radio delete

anchors

Corvette
'71, coupe
previous owner of my 71 installed an aftermarket radio, it looked awfull and I removed it. I have no interest in a radio and would like to know if a radio delete plate is available. Thanks for the help.

Yes, the block off plate is being reproduced. Check with your favorite aftermarket provider.

You can also find originals on eBay and in the Items For Sale sections of various forums, but be sitting down when you look at asking prices.

:thumb

Yes, the block off plate is being reproduced. Check with your favorite aftermarket provider.

You can also find originals on eBay and in the Items For Sale sections of various forums, but be sitting down when you look at asking prices.

:thumb
Thanks for the tip, when I checked ebay I had to lie down not sit down

Are you going to remove the antenna and ignition shielding to complete the look?
not sure about that, if I am unable to find a reasonably priced plate I may have to reconsider a radio. thanks.

I think there would be a market for someone to manufacture this. I'd buy one and go with hidden receiver with remote control.

It would be cool to have the "What, no radio" comment from passengers!

Chuck M

Can you put a stock radio back in or did the P.O. hack the console up to fit the aftermarket radio? I'm having the same problem. I want to reinstall my factory radio(after an upgrade to new electronics) but my P.O. cut the bezel for a "din" head unit.

unless you have a race car what is the fasenation with radio deleat in a street drive car and people would think the plates would be worth a kings radsom ??? lot of corvettes it was not a radio delate as the radio was a option that could or could not be ordered

:chuckle Got my can opener out and found a can of worms here :D

If I am not mistaken, 1980 was the first time an RPO existed for ordering a Radio Delete Optioned Corvette. Now as I also recall, the early years the Radio was optional and not standard.

So the question begs to be asked:
Was 1980 the first year the AM/FM Radio (Stereo) was standard equipment? Also note that in 1980 there were 4 Radio Options 5 if you count the UL5 (Radio Delete RPO) ;shrug :D

:w

Bud
(My first brand New Corvette was a 1980 with the UN3 Radio {with cassette} and MM4)

Correct. UL5 (radio delete) first offered in 1980 was $126. credit.

The standard radio, included at no extra cost, was U69 AM/FM mono. The stereo option was U58 at $46 extra.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom