Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio Malfunction

T

Triple Black 90

I have a Delco/Bose radio/cd/cassette in my 90 model. When I turn it on, I get ear splitting howl from right speaker. There is nothing (no noise, music, static) coming from any other speakers. Any ideas on where I start....is it in the speaker or do I need to be removing the radio and sending it somewhere?

Thanks.

S

Steel Half-Shafts

Triple Black 90,

Sure sounds like a bad amp! It's a common problem with the 90 & 91 Bose Gold systems! First sign of trouble is a loud howl or squeal from the bad amp.

Try disconnecting the amp and speaker the howl is coming from, and then see if your radio works OK with the remaining 3 speakers. It's not common for the radio unit itself to fail.

I had to replace my RR amp a few years ago when it went completely dead.

You can get a new amp from Corvette Central fairly cheap compared to the GM price. My 90 ZR-1's RR amp was P/N 524060.

Here's a link to their Web site: http://www.corvettecentral.com/

-Gordy

chuck

Corvette
1977 Dark Red Coupe/Buckskin 04 Spiral Gray/Gray
The April issue of Corvette Fever has an article on your problem.Sounds like a speaker -amplifier problem.If you do'nt get Corvette Fever,it should be on the news stands shortly.Hope this is some help. Chuck B.T.W. Welcome to The Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom