Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio..or what.?

bucket

Corvette
I heard lots of tales about radios not being compatable...sooo..

i would like to upgrade to a 21st century sound system..you know mp3 compatable blue tooth...tec...stuff;:cool
but
now im skerred it will screw up my baby's brain.....
who is the sound man for this sight.:confused
is it junkie wan kanobe,,?:w

Do a search, there are some threads on this. A pair of wires in the radio harness have to have resistor installed.

Glenn
:w

roger that..perhaps i can find a corvette specialty shop

Early C4's without bose systems can be upgraded with nearly anything out there without modifications. There are harness adaptors so you don't have to cut anything.

We have a 1 and 1/2 DIN radio opening so you have to either buy a 1 and 1/2 din radio/CD/DVD or buy an adaptor. I bought an adaptor and eventually ended up using a standard 1 DIN size head. I added 2 amps and a 12" subwoofer and the vette now has the best sound I've ever heard in a car.

http://www.labib.com/2cool.wmv for a dvd player and everything. You shouldn't watch and drive though :) (and make a video)

Good luck

.perhaps i can find a corvette specialty shop

As noted above, make sure they are aware of the resistor mod needed in '90+ cars so you don't get a CCM fault all the time.

Early C4's without bose systems can be upgraded with nearly anything out there without modifications. There are harness adaptors so you don't have to cut anything.

We have a 1 and 1/2 DIN radio opening so you have to either buy a 1 and 1/2 din radio/CD/DVD or buy an adaptor. I bought an adaptor and eventually ended up using a standard 1 DIN size head. I added 2 amps and a 12" subwoofer and the vette now has the best sound I've ever heard in a car.

http://www.labib.com/2cool.wmv for a dvd player and everything. You shouldn't watch and drive though :) (and make a video)

Good luck

have you got a ps3 hooked up yet.?..lol:w

Hi bucket.

I have just upgraded my 1992 with a JVC KW-XG701 (mp3, 3,5mm plug, USB, bluetooth), kept the Bose speakers via a SVEN4 interfaze from Peripherals. Works really fine. Some info (in swedish :ugh) here Byta stereo i 1992. - Svenska CorvetteForumet.

Have more info if you are interested.

And yes, you need some resistors to avoid getting the "SYS" light.

Hi bucket.

I have just upgraded my 1992 with a JVC KW-XG701 (mp3, 3,5mm plug, USB, bluetooth), kept the Bose speakers via a SVEN4 interfaze from Peripherals. Works really fine. Some info (in swedish :ugh) here Byta stereo i 1992. - Svenska CorvetteForumet.

Have more info if you are interested.

And yes, you need some resistors to avoid getting the "SYS" light.

thanx bro:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom