Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ram Air System for C-5

• Thread starter White-00Hardtop
  • Start date
Cool site , I think I found a minor problem , the throttle body air bridge clamp was loose , I forgot to tighten it . I have fixed that and now in a relearn mode , I will test and post results .
Joe

That sounds like you found your M I S S I N G power!!!:)

Hope you see a decient 1/4 mile time!!!!!!

Bill C

We're pulling for ya 02-C5 , and remember we're all in this together !

Since I have trouble shooted what was wrong , I have 4 times 0-60 , 6.62 through 4.68 . I have not reach the 4.52 but I have to relearn how to launch again , out of the hole it has a little more torque causing the tires to break loose , it is a good thing and bad , good because I am getting increase in power but now I have traction problems , I am sure once I have the launch master 4.5 and 4.4 will be possible , plus the weather is 30 degrees hotter than before , I know "no excuse " . The car pulls very hard after 60 mph , I have to drive to a secret place to run the1/4 and have not had the time .
Thanks ,
Joe

So , basically your still hopeing to get your et's back to where they were stock . Thats pretty discourageing . I wonder what would happen if you removed the air cleaner for a quick run at the track . There's alot of design things I don't understand that well , that are givens . Fot instance, sometimes a hood that is open at the rear is better than a forward faceing scoop .I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe what seems like an obviously great looking design , just might not work as good as it would seem , for reasons unknown . Please keep us up to date on this . Its very interesting .

O2-C5

Secret place,,,,,,,,,,,Hmmmmm,, Ya want to let us in on a good thing???,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, We wont tell!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,promise!!!!

:) :D

I hope you find some secret horse power, Man that ram air looks good but it sure seems like it's not as good as it looks!

Let us know if you make some more discoveries!

Hey : I ran a couple of 0-60 in 4.5 sec and a 1/4 mile in 13.00 @ 112 mph , I would of ran more 1/4 miles but somebody was driving around there ,slowly . He could of been uncover N. Port cop ,I did not take any chances . The last I tested the temp was 50 degrees , today it was 80 . I can feel high 12's
Thanks ,
Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom