Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ramps or Floor jack

M

Mark75

I'm looking for either a set of ramps or a floor
jack that will work on a C5. I have a ATV floor jack (very simular to a motorcycle jack) that will slide completely under the car about 10 -14". The jack itself is rated for 1800 lbs. The only problem is it has the long rubber runners on it and it hits on parts of the body panels that curve under the car. I don't want to crack or damage anything in process. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Thanks

Rino ramps work on the rear but the front over hang and spoiler make them difficult to use in the front. You can get a good floor jack and a set of jack stands (a must for safety) in a package deal at Sears for about $100. Get a couple of hockey pucks or the GM recomended Lift pucks made by Kent-Moore to prevent the jack from touching the body. The best place i know of to get lift pucks is here http://www.fichtnerchevrolet.com or you can call them at (406) 628-4121 and ask for bob.

The lift pucks fit into the oval holes it the frame along each side of the car just ahead of and behind the door. Do not try to use a jack to lift by the frame without lift pucks or a couple hocky pucks.

I have the Rino ramps and it is hard to lift the car from the front. So I use lift pucks and a floor jack for the front. Works just fine.

Most people who use the Rhino ramps use a board or combination of boards in front of the ramp to ease the transition and clear the spoiler. If they're going to change the oil, they the jack the rear and put a second set of ramps or jack stands under the rear so all the oil will drain out. There are other ramps, including low-rise ones.

A search should pull up some alternatives..

Always put jack stands and/or good ramps in place before getting under the car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom