Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ran Corvette on Jack Stands Now Service Ride Control Light is On light

mcich7781

Corvette
1991 Zr-1
Ran Corvette on Jack Stands Now Service Ride Control Light is On

I just finished my winter project replacing all my brake components, installed a Dewitt radiator and silicone hoses on my 1991 ZR1. I left the car up on all 4 jack stands while I test ran the engine looking for leaks and verifying the cooling system was properly vented. Prior to the run I put on my rear tires and left off the fronts for better access to look for leaks. I did notice the rear suspension had the wheels and tires hanging in an unloaded condition.

The test run went great and the car was run for about 30 minutes. The Service Ride Control Light came at some point during the test run. Because of the angle of the unloaded rear axle at no time during the test run did I place the car in gear and spin up the rear tires.

After I set the car back down on all four wheels I started the engine again. The Service Ride Control Light came back on. The system was working fine before I started this project. I can't really take the car for a ride at the moment with our "Salt-Lick" Illinois road conditions to see if the light will clear after the suspension gets exercised again.

Will the Service Ride Control Light possibly clear after the shocks get exercised? Has anyone else experienced this? I have not checked any codes yet.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice on this matter.

MCC

Last edited:
How many times did you key-up while the car was on stands?

What code was set?

I just finished my winter project replacing all my brake components, installed a Dewitt radiator and silicone hoses on my 1991 ZR1. I left the car up on all 4 jack stands while I test ran the engine looking for leaks and verifying the cooling system was properly vented. Prior to the run I put on my rear tires and left off the fronts for better access to look for leaks. I did notice the rear suspension had the wheels and tires hanging in an unloaded condition.

The test run went great and the car was run for about 30 minutes. The Service Ride Control Light came at some point during the test run. Because of the angle of the unloaded rear axle at no time during the test run did I place the car in gear and spin up the rear tires.

After I set the car back down on all four wheels I started the engine again. The Service Ride Control Light came back on. The system was working fine before I started this project. I can't really take the car for a ride at the moment with our "Salt-Lick" Illinois road conditions to see if the light will clear after the suspension gets exercised again.

Will the Service Ride Control Light possibly clear after the shocks get exercised? Has anyone else experienced this? I have not checked any codes yet.

MCC

First pull the code and see what was triggered, then write it down for future reference. Check all four corners of the vehicle for loose wire connectors around the suspension components and anywhere you were working. My next step would be to disconnect both of the battery cables, and with them disconnected jump them together with a jumper lead. This will discharge the memory capacitors in the modules. Reconnect the battery and see if the light comes back on, and if it does check to see if it is the same code. Keep in in mind that by clearing the memory, you will have to reset certain functions like idle speed (just let it idle for a while) and possibly your stereo anti lock code if you have one and station presets. Good luck with it. :)

Just save your self lots of trouble and wait until you can drive it. Code will go away.
Been there done that.

MCC

Thanks for the responses. I will check the code and probably wait until I drive the car.

I am glad it might be something simple.

MCC

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom