Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Re-paint?

ajax6

I've always wanted to get my hands on a yellow Z, second comes red. Never saw a yellow ZR-1 for sale in Sweden, but I'm presently offered to buy a -92 ZR-1, black with black interior. The car is in good condition and does not need any repaint, but I'm considering redoing it anyway and finally get my yellow Z. It would cost some 5 K according to local paint shops. I would keep the interior black.

Anyone done this? Is it realistic? Or will there always be nooks and corners that should be yellow but will have to stay black from paint-technical reasons?

Any advice appreciated!

Peter

I've always wanted to get my hands on a yellow Z, second comes red. Never saw a yellow ZR-1 for sale in Sweden, but I'm presently offered to buy a -92 ZR-1, black with black interior. The car is in good condition and does not need any repaint, but I'm considering redoing it anyway and finally get my yellow Z. It would cost some 5 K according to local paint shops. I would keep the interior black.

Anyone done this? Is it realistic? Or will there always be nooks and corners that should be yellow but will have to stay black from paint-technical reasons?

Any advice appreciated!

Peter
If it don't need paint,and has the Original Paint DON"T PAINT IT!!! It will just diminish the Value!! Specially changing colors!!:upthumbs

Any advice appreciated!

Peter

The decision to change the color of the car is a matter of personal preference. If you have the cash and want to change the color, change the color. A high quality paint job will cost at least what your local shops are telling you.

Another factor to consider is the overall condition of the car, the number of miles etc. Changing the color on a higher mileage car will have little or no effect on the value of the vehicle so long as all the old color is removed and the new paint a nice quality.

My car with just over 60,000 miles is currently under construction and I was planning to change the color from red to black. However, as the project has gone along with everything else I am doing to the car I just didn't want to spend the extra money on a color change. But I was never worried about the color change affect the "value". My decision was based on economics.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom