Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Rear Cornering Lights -1995 C4 Corvette Base

Jerrys95vette

Corvette
C4 1995 Corvette Base
Both the L & R rear cornering lights on my 95 will not turn on and never have since I bought the vette serveral month ago. Front ones work fine. The red light within the same rear casing works fine. Engine on, L & R turn signals activated, I cannot get them to work. Pulled the bulbs. Both okay & not burned out. Checked the fuses and they are fine.
What could cause this issue?
If it’s a ground somewhere wouldn’t that affect the red parking lights right next to them or are they on a separate ground?
Please help.
Ps, turn signals blink slow. This is my first Vette so I don’t know if that is normal.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you CAC friends

Those aren't "cornering" lights on the rear fenders, they are back-up lights!

Have you figured out your "spare tire" light? That one's even more mysterious! If you haven't found it yet, look behind your spare tire, just ahead of your rear bumper. It comes on with your interior lights. I haven't figured out the logic for that action, though.

:w S.T.W.

Last edited:
Spare Tire (?)

Mr. Roy,
I haven’t even seen a spare tire. Where would it be?
Or, was it an optional item that perhaps my vette didn't come with?

I have seen the side fender lights referred to as "cornering lights" in some of the research I've been doing. I haven't tried to see if they come on when I put the car in reverse, though.
I have only driven it at night a few times. Too many deer where I live, plus, the power of the headlight suck.
Tell me more about a spear tire. I wondered about that.
Also, even if I don’t have one, would the light still be there? I haven’t seen any lights in the back beyond the pillars.
Thank you friend

Wow!

:happyanim:I got in my Vette last nigh, put it in reverse and WOW. Those "cornering Lights" are back up lights. Who'd Thunk-it...(?)
Thanks guys.
My antenna and retract ribbon come in today. I will be tackling that job within the next few days.
Any pointers or (look-out for) y’all could give me?
Again, thank you friends

If you haven't found your spare tire, I have a bigger question for you: Have you found your Owners Manual yet? Reprinting your Owners Manual would be quite a project, but that's where we're headed with this conversation! It will be quite an adventure as you discover all of the really neat things about your "new" Corvette! No doubt about it. They are really neat cars!!

(Little hint here: Take a peek under the back of your car.)

Next intriguing questions: Have you figured out your emergency brake? Seat back recliner? Cargo area cover? Targa top storage? Targa top installation? Replacing tail light bulbs?

:happyanim:

Last edited:
Just wait until he finds out where the jack and handle are...

Good Lord Alive... I thought that was the bottom of the gas tank. Although it's a sorry excuse, I have had very little time to fiddle. The weather, the damn daylight savings time, and grand babies.Anyway, the few things that I have dug into clearly shows me that the PO was as ignorant as I. Although I do research and at least ask questions, the PO didn't. Such as door panel that are cracked and busted because it looks like the PO didn't find all the screws and just yanked, pulled and beat the parts off.BUT... Mr Scott, I actually did find the jack and the useless tire tool. I was tracing speaker wires (due to PO install of aftermarket) and found the Jack next to the Amp that had all the wires cut off of it. What the &%$#?Well, hopefully I will have more time to spend with this incredible car. I have been a Mustang (68 & 69) and land yacht owner (72 Electra 225, 74 Caddy, 76 Delta 88), but the Corvette... WOW!I never imagined I would ever get one, but here I am... A newbie...Thank you CAC members fall guiding me through this wonderful experience.

I have had very little time to fiddle.

Hey, we'd make a great duo! I like to fiddle, too!

If your turn signals blink too slowly, you might try replacing the blinker, but I don't know where that is in your '95. Can you follow the sound?

Have fun with the 'vette!! The '95 is an excellent choice!

:w S.T.W. (Save The Wave)

Hot Rod Roy... I'm sure I'll find that blinker at some point.

I took the driver's door panel off last night to fix some cracks. I have notice that the panel seemed to be a little rattley and that the felt strip & panel are about 3/4 inch pulled back from the interior window. The out side appears to fit snug. I don't see any warpage of the top door panel.
What could be my proplem, you recken?

If you haven't found your spare tire, I have a bigger question for you: Have you found your Owners Manual yet? Reprinting your Owners Manual would be quite a project, but that's where we're headed with this conversation! It will be quite an adventure as you discover all of the really neat things about your "new" Corvette! No doubt about it. They are really neat cars!!

(Little hint here: Take a peek under the back of your car.)

Next intriguing questions: Have you figured out your emergency brake? Seat back recliner? Cargo area cover? Targa top storage? Targa top installation? Replacing tail light bulbs?

:happyanim:
I found the E-Brake early on. Figured out my Targa cover this past weekend. Replaced my backup lights but have mess with the tail lights yet. What special task is involved with that?

Have you found the secret compartment in your armrest yet? Back in the day when I had a flip phone it used to fit in my 96's arm rest perfectly.:cool!:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom