Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear-end update

Vmrod,

I would love to have a setup like that on mine!!!! I can only imagine the headache and cost of doing that. You are lucky to have found it already finished.

Bobchad,

I thought about the VBP strud rods, but they are $120 and the ES bushings were only $19. Besides, I won't be messing with the alignment and the shop has a base-line, no matter how long it takes price of $110 for a 4 wheel alignment.

Russ

I did, but they were not too descriptive. Basically they said, remove the snap ring. (I did) Remove washer, seal...etc. and replace. It is the method of removing those parts that I'm ansure about.

The rebuild kit was about $10 bucks. I purchased it. I've already rebuilt my control valve. It looks great! I haven't tested it yet though. I need to rebuild my control cylinder, then install a new power strg pump pulley, then balance my control valve. Hopefully, no leaks.

And I'm talking about my control valve. I didn't know about a power steering control cylinder.

I got it back after having the whole front end rebuilt and boy does it drive like a dream. I have an immediate clunk somewhere in the steering system when I turn the steering wheel either way that I have to look into soon.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Bob

They examined the ball joints when they rebuilt it so this should not be the problem. If it is, I am going to be ticked as I pretty mcuh gave him free reign to replace anything that needed repairing.

I have to get a friend over and have him turn the wheel while I am under the car and see if I can track it down.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom