Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! rear sway bar bushings & links

Corvette
2000 c5 silver coupe blk interior
MERRY XMAS !!! I need help ,how hard is it to install poly ureathane bushing on rear sway bar ???? :) I need new links from sway bar to rear lower "a" arm . I have floor jack ,lifting blockes ,tools & "back -yard " skills .. where is a good place to purchase links& bushings ??? I want performance grade stuff , don t want to replace sway bar . 2000 coupe , active handling , ride control ,warmed over :):thumb :pat :v :thanks: Is sway bar loaded ??? under tension ?? Idon t want parts flying around when I release links !!! merry xmas happy new year !!!! TO ALL VETERANS , ACTIVE & RETIRED !! THANKS!!! Carl C1C3C5 Life is short, enjoy the ride!!!

I haven't done this on the 01, but on my 94 this wasn't a tough job. The sway bars are not under tension as such and they come off without much work.

I bought Prothane bushings back then from someplace off Ebay. You have to know what size the sway bars are.....diameter in millimeters. Went out to take some pictures of mine, but the battery is dead on the camera, so it will have to wait until they get charged. The back ones will be pretty easy. Haven't looked at the front ones yet.

I bought Prothane bushings back then from someplace off Ebay. You have to know what size the sway bars are.....diameter in millimeters. Went out to take some pictures of mine, but the battery is dead on the camera, so it will have to wait until they get charged. The back ones will be pretty easy. Haven't looked at the front ones yet.
Front ones are a piece of cake,The rear you have to loosen the rear lower control arm bolts and may let the arms slide just a little.If so,you'll need to have the alignment checked!:thumb

Merry Christmas,I'm hitting the road in about a hour see you guys later if my grand daughters decide to let me come back!~!!
:L:L:L

:D

Got the camera charged up and took some pictures......Jesse is right, which I didn't notice before. The lower bolt on the mount is the the lower control arm bolt.

CorvetteSwaybars002_zps6544ee5e.jpg

The front looks like it should be easy.

CorvetteSwaybars004_zps36ef9a42.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom