Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear View Mirror Removal

Corvette
2001 MilleniumYellow Rag Top
Howdy all you technical wizards out there.;squint: Anyone know how to remove a Mirror off of the windshield of a C-5?;help I have a new automatic everything mirror I want to replace the stock one with, and all I have to do is remove old one and attach new one.:confused All suggestions will be appreciated. No laughing allowed!.:chuckle Thanks, Scott:beer

Howdy all you technical wizards out there.;squint: Anyone know how to remove a Mirror off of the windshield of a C-5?;help I have a new automatic everything mirror I want to replace the stock one with, and all I have to do is remove old one and attach new one.:confused All suggestions will be appreciated. No laughing allowed!.:chuckle Thanks, Scott:beer
Guess What?;shrug The ole get a bigger hammer worked.:bang Just a sharp hit from a rubber mallot and the mirror came right off and left the anchor at the windshield intact, the only problem was the manufacture sent me the wrong harness:duh to hook up with, but a new one is on the way and it should do the trick.:hb Scott:beer

Hey Scott, just what is an automatic everything mirror? Is it like the electrochromatic outside mirrors or does it do more, like adjust itself when you look at it, or is it like the mirror in Snow White that tells who is the fairest in all the land. Of course, the fairest of all is the Corvette. BTW, your yellow C5 convertible is great looking, and the engine compartment is very classy with all the add-ons (I believe I saw it in your post on the veraram). Congratulations on the new ride and hopefully you will remember your C4 fondly; it too was a good looking corvette. You do know how to pick them.

Barrett

Hey Scott, just what is an automatic everything mirror? Is it like the electrochromatic outside mirrors or does it do more, like adjust itself when you look at it, or is it like the mirror in Snow White that tells who is the fairest in all the land. Of course, the fairest of all is the Corvette. BTW, your yellow C5 convertible is great looking, and the engine compartment is very classy with all the add-ons (I believe I saw it in your post on the veraram). Congratulations on the new ride and hopefully you will remember your C4 fondly; it too was a good looking corvette. You do know how to pick them.

Barrett

Hi Barrett, Thanks for the kind words, and I just love the C-5, the C4 can't compare to it at all. Of course it was older and had more miles also. It sure was a good runner. The mirror I found it in Eckler's just browsing on line. It is really a nice one. It has home link for 3 openers or what ever you use a remote for. Automatically reduces the glare from a high beam, map lights, navigational, outside temperature, and it hooks up to your existing harness if you have the electrochromatic mirror as an option. That was the problem with the harness they sent, my mirror controls the OS mirror as well as the RV mirror for dimming and they use a different harness for it. But they have the correct one on the way. Good to hear from you, hope things are going well for you. As you can see I am doing great. Scott:beer

Scott - doing fine - thanks for asking. Took the 02 Coupe to Vettes on the Rockies on Sat July 28 to take some photos of the Callaway for Critt99 (have to get them loaded into the computer so I can send them to him). Ran into Bruce and Dan while there. As a retirement present to myself, I signed up for the advanced driver course at Spring Mountain. I believe that I need this course as I could not begin to keep up with Dan or Andre on the Canon City and hardscrabble cruise we took on CF07. I couldn't keep up with you either, and now that you have 50 more hp, I need all the help I can get just to see the south side of your vert. Was going to retire Jan 3, 2008, but there is a mixup in my service date and I may stay until June. That would give me 40+ years in the law enforcement arena. But, I had so much fun with the CACers in the Springs that I really want to attend CF08 and meet more great people and renew acquaintences with those from CF07. I wish I had joined years ago and attended previous CFs.
Good hearing from you.
Barrett

Scott - doing fine - thanks for asking. Took the 02 Coupe to Vettes on the Rockies on Sat July 28 to take some photos of the Callaway for Critt99 (have to get them loaded into the computer so I can send them to him). Ran into Bruce and Dan while there. As a retirement present to myself, I signed up for the advanced driver course at Spring Mountain. I believe that I need this course as I could not begin to keep up with Dan or Andre on the Canon City and hardscrabble cruise we took on CF07. I couldn't keep up with you either, and now that you have 50 more hp, I need all the help I can get just to see the south side of your vert. Was going to retire Jan 3, 2008, but there is a mixup in my service date and I may stay until June. That would give me 40+ years in the law enforcement arena. But, I had so much fun with the CACers in the Springs that I really want to attend CF08 and meet more great people and renew acquaintences with those from CF07. I wish I had joined years ago and attended previous CFs.
Good hearing from you.
Barrett

Hey Barrett,:w Looks like its time for you to hang up the spikes and take life a little easier. :cool That's the problem with retirement it doesen't get any easier and it seems you don't have as much time to do things as when you were working. But I sure am enjoying what I can, and I hope you do the same. I echo your wishes, CAC is one of a kind:CAC, and it's beautiful. Keep those rpm's up. Scott:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom