Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Window Weatherstrip

Zo6 LVR

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Coupe
I need to replace the rear glass weatherstrip. I contacted an aftermarket seller of the weatherstrip and asked what adhesive they recommended to install, the response was no glue, use lithium grease. Now I have to admit I do see some grease in the coners where the water collects everytime I wash my car. The rest of the gasket is loose around the bottom, which I assumed was just because the original adhesive let go.
SO, what is the real story here?

The one I bought from "LoneStar MuscleCar" had the clip built into the weatherstrip itself and just clipped right on to the lip of the opening. Not necessarily how the OE came off but it works great and was easy to install.

What did you do along the bottom edge of the window? I believe the top has the lip that clips on, but the bottom has no lip on the original. Lone Star was the one that says it installs with Lithium grease.

When I replaced mine(also with Lonestar) I just put it on,great fit,have done all the weatherstrippping without using glue.When I took off the original piece it did have a yellowish grease on it. You'll probably find many who use glue,and those who don't. Doug

You guys were satisfied with the quality of the Lone Star weatherstrip?

I was very happy with Lonestars rear hatch weatherstripping.Great fit,etc. for the rest of my weatherstripping I went with Willcox. Doug

I have done all my weatherstripping from LoneStar. Doors, A-pillar, B-pillar and hatch. I am very satisfied. There is a lip around the rear cargo area is there I had to remove some other "trim" (for lack of a better word) and the new strip slipped right on. Easiest of the weatherstrip I have installed.

does anyone have a link for this Lonestar Musclecar? Cant find anything related to weatherstrip using google.
Thanx
Ronnie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom