Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Recommendation of Cross-Drilled Rotors that Won't Rust

njmercer

Corvette
2005 Victory Red Coupe
The cross-drilled rotors that were just put on my car are now totally full of rust; I don't mean the flat surface that is cleaned by the brake pad. I mean the top part of the rotor (the hat) and the outside edges. The company I've purchased them from has agreed to take them back. Can anyone recommend a good cross-drilled and slotted rotor that won't rust? I need to move quickly on this.

Judy

I absolutely agree...check out www.sportbrakes.com for Brembo zinc coated cross drilled and slotted rotors! We have them on our '02 and my Grand Sport is having them installed today!! They were $249 per set of 4 plus $30 shipping. You cannot go wrong!!!

Talk to Ras at Sport Brakes -- 972-620-9311. You'll be very happy with them.

Elaine

Thanks for the info. I tried calling Sport Brakes this morning after the time the website said they would be open but only got an answering machine. I left a message and am hoping someone calls me back soon so that I can order and hopefully then can ship today.

Why not give them another call in an hour or so...sometimes people don't listen to their voice mails right away! If you speak to Ras, he might put a rush on them. Good luck...and let us know how you make out!

Elaine

Just tried calling again but still got the answering machine. The strange thing is that it doesn't say the name of the company (just a women's voice saying that she is not available).

Judy

You might try either faxing them a request for info or sending them an email. Fax # is 972-620-9315 - email address is sales@sportbrakes.com. They've always been pretty responsive to us. The first time we called, though, they were at some sort of a show and didn't get back to us for a couple of days. I think it's a small operation.

Elaine

Elaine,

Thank you so much for all of your help and suggestions! Ras called about an hour ago. I ordered the rotors and he is shipping them via UPS overnight so I will have them tomorrow and they will be installed on Thursday.

Judy

Judy,

So glad you were able to get in touch with Sport Brakes! I think you'll be happy with them.

Elaine

GS Diva said:
Judy,

So glad you were able to get in touch with Sport Brakes! I think you'll be happy with them.

Elaine
Elaine,

Quick question. How is the feel/braking effectiveness of these rotors? I am driving to Dallas on Friday to pick up a set of four rotors/ceramic pads and stainless steel brake lines from Ras. I also ordered Z06 calipers off ebay today. I am interested in your opinion of the effectiveness as opposed to a stock system.

G WIZ said:
Elaine,

Quick question. How is the feel/braking effectiveness of these rotors? I am driving to Dallas on Friday to pick up a set of four rotors/ceramic pads and stainless steel brake lines from Ras. I also ordered Z06 calipers off ebay today. I am interested in your opinion of the effectiveness as opposed to a stock system.
We've seen/felt no difference at all with them. However, I've heard the ceramic pads make it harder to slow/stop. I guess one just gets used to whatever types of rotors/pads, and it becomes second nature!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom