Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Removed from Service" for the winter...

echo4golf

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Coupe
Got to make plans for winter jobs and then waiting for spring... Always waiting.

20171221_163410.jpg

As long as there isn't salt/brine on the roads I drive.Temp's are gona be in the 60's here Sat with Rain so hopefully the roads will clean up,thay should with all the holiday traffic.

I went out Saturday, started the thing, and let it run for a bit. Ran the windows up and down as well as ran the mirrors around. No sign of mousies this year, which made me happy. I left the cover off and, if it dries up and stays temperate, I am going to install the driver's side amp / speaker assembly that I got at the end of the season last year.Hope everyone is getting stuff done! As I said on the other forum, I've got the garage to the point where I can almost see garage under all the junk...

Best,
Jerry

Took it out Saturday afternoon. Seen 1 Rat Rod,a C3 & 1 Late C Vette.lots of bikes.Recent rain washed the salt off the traveled roads so hammer down.

Rained vicious the last couple days,so the roads were salt free,so I had it out again,was tough putting it back under the car port,I wanted to just keep driving. Getting a wintery mix now,so Im glad I used that window of opportunity.

Well that Nor'eastner over the weekend screwed up my plan to get it out,another on the way mid week,a lot of salt on the roads.Need a lot of rain now to get rid of that.

Waiten on the 3RD Nor'eastner this month now.Roads are still salt covered from the 1 last week.This sucks !

4TH nor'eastner on the way,beautiful day to day but I had a double open hernia operation on the 12th,so I cant even get into the Vette let alone drive :mad

I lived in the northeast all my life, retired here in Florida and I drive my car more now then ever before. I love the smooth glass top roads and car shows. Summertime is my downtime with the car but with that said I really feel lucky as most days I get to use the car without worrying about the weather. So I know you guys are straining at the bit to get out there....I hope ya all have a great summer, it's coming!:beer

Wayback, at least you will heal in time for the nice weather!

Last edited:
I lived in the northeast all my life, retired here in Florida and I drive my car more now then ever before. I love the smooth glass top roads and car shows. Summertime is my downtime with the car but with that said I really feel lucky as most days I get to use the car without worrying about the weather. So I know you guys are straining at the bit to get out there....I hope ya all have a great summer, it's coming!:beer

Wayback, at least you will heal in time for the nice weather!
The 4th nor'eastner is today 3/30 & the 5th is Wed 3/21 so a double header,naturally the brine & salt will leave even more potholes.Im not too far from Atlantic City so the coastal storms hit here also. Huricane Sandy was the worst. I'll proably be out of work a month or so with the operation.I dont think i'll move from NJ anytime soon tho. Glad your enjoyen the Florida weather Robert & your Vette ! Heres the wave :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom