Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Repaint C3 Mopar color.

Z

zgator

First off nobody laugh,If you laugh I'll kill'ya.Has anybody seen a C3 painted in panther pink?

Michael,

I can't honestly say I've ever seen a Corvette painted "panther pink." But two years ago at Corvettes @ Carlisle, I saw one of Kerbeck's new C6's painted "barby pink". It was not pleasant to look at.:L

Remo:cool

Michael,
I can tell you a friend of mine from college moved to Lauderdale, FL. His wife purchased a pink 78 vette back about 4 years ago. She knew nothing about corvettes but loved the color. I saw the car and it was pretty close to a mopar pink. However, they were divorced 6 months later...lol true story.

The car really didn't look that bad, in my opinion.

zgator said:
First off nobody laugh,If you laugh I'll kill'ya.Has anybody seen a C3 painted in panther pink?
Gee, and you said you were a thread killer. . . and GOD NO! never seen a pink C3. What about snickering?

Barby pink,No!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I'm sure most of you have seen panther pink and I think if done right with a nice but simple pinstripe.............No I guess not!!!!I'm leaving now.God what was I thinking????????

zgator said:
First off nobody laugh,If you laugh I'll kill'ya......

;LOL "Lighten up Francis!"

We saw a pink '81 at the 50th bash in Nashville, but it was a tribute to Marylin Monroe...i think.
We just saw it in the lot, not the show.....most of the fun was in the lots!

Chas

I built a 72 Chevy Short Bed Big Block truck once!! Won Georgia State Championship First Show out of the barn!!!! I Sold it to 2 Miami Boy's!!! :)rotfl )

Michael,

I can't honestly say I've ever seen a Corvette painted "panther pink." But two years ago at Corvettes @ Carlisle, I saw one of Kerbeck's new C6's painted "barby pink". It was not pleasant to look at.:L

Remo:cool

That was more like Milk of Magnesia Pink. It was hideous, disgusting and draping "Barbie" across the hood in the thong wouldn't have made that color any more appealing. But it would have been a nice accessory to have :D

........ nut

See that truck don't look to bad.Maybe.........

There are so many shades of pink it would be helpful to post a swatch of what you are talking about. Personally I'm contemplating painting my 68 a candy apple "pink", more of what I would call a magenta or wine color. Its pink but a very different version than what most people think. I saw that "Barby" pink picture and I think some cars can certainly pull it off but other cars can't. In my opinion you can't just knock a color... you have to consider that color incombination with the car. There is definately an interaction component there. For example, I normally can't stand the color white on cars, however, my 90 looks fabulous in white. I think the only color that looks good on EVERYTHING is black. Just my humble opinion. :)

I built a 72 Chevy Short Bed Big Block truck once!! Won Georgia State Championship First Show out of the barn!!!! I Sold it to 2 Miami Boy's!!! :)rotfl )

By the way this truck looks FANTASTIC! My 68 shortbed is lavender... ;)

That was more like Milk of Magnesia Pink.
I believe Milk of Magnesia is white, you must be thinking of Pepto Bismol, which itself makes me wanna puke! (thank God they make it in pills now) One movie William Peterson (of CSI fame) was in, one of his friends pulls up in a pink C2 and he says "what did you paint it with, nail polish???"

By the way this truck looks FANTASTIC! My 68 shortbed is lavender... ;)
Thank's!!!! The color was Hot Pink, a Accent color by PPG! It was a Outrageously Fun Truck to drive,I won the Burn Out Contest too!!
It was a Smoke on Demand kinda Vehicle,Just mash it to the Floor!!
:lou :lou :D

I almost bought a 76 that was sassy grass green. Looked pretty cool. Never a pink one!:) Ya gonna put purple flowers on it to?:D Im sure it would look alright. Its kinda hard to make a C3 ugly.
zachh

Panther pink don't look gay.(not that thats a bad thing)I've just allways liked that color on the Challenger and cuda.If you ever see one of those cars with that color at an auction they will bring more money than another Challenger/cuda painted a different color.I've shoped around and found out real fast that the pink ones were a lot more $$$

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom