Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replace a Bose

safety_match

Corvette
1990 Bright Red roadster
My Bose sytems works good. It's only problem is that it has no CD player...only the cassette.
Is there a radio / CD player that will work without modifying the rest of the sytem? Ideally I would like to keep the existing wiring and speakers because I do not want to stray too far away from original. If that was possible then a new radio is not a problem (keeping the original in a box for the next owner).
I want a multi-CD player if possible.

Other than that, where can you find an original replacement that plays AM/FM and CD?

Thanks, Safety

A few years ago when I still had my Bose, I wanted a CD player too. Any early 90s Bose 1.5 din CD player from any of the GM cars should fit, they made them for Cadillac, Buick, and Chevrolet. It is pretty much plug and play. Here are some examples on this site, but they can also be found on Ebay pretty regularly too:

http://www.mnrelectronics.com/bosdelrad.html

I had this one in my car and it worked great:

http://www.mnrelectronics.com/pa191caboamc.html

The early 90s Bose Camaro cd player is now being sold in the mid america catalog as well.

I have a 86 with factory Bose, and I too wanted to stay with something close to factory. I installed a 96 camaro bose system & it sounds better than original & fits perfectly. I bought radio on EBAY for $15.00 and had it completely rebuilt with new CD unit (one that plays CDRs) for another $50.00. But any 90 - 96 Camaro is direct fit

CD Player

I also have an 86 that has a Bose Cassette, AM/FM System. I want one with just a CD, AM/FM System. Where can I find one for mine ? You say a 90 - 96 from a Camaro will fit ? I should check on E-Bay too.

tcolyer said:
I have a 86 with factory Bose, and I too wanted to stay with something close to factory. I installed a 96 camaro bose system & it sounds better than original & fits perfectly. I bought radio on EBAY for $15.00 and had it completely rebuilt with new CD unit (one that plays CDRs) for another $50.00. But any 90 - 96 Camaro is direct fit

There is a Pioneer CD stereo that is designed to be a direct replacement for the '84-'89 Delco system - you can get it for use with or without Bose. It has the same dimensions as the stock radio. You can order it from MAD or Ecklers for $500-$550 (for use with bose). Or you can order it from Corvette Central (for use without Bose) for under around $275.00 and the Bose adapter/interface for under $40.00. The total price from Corvette Central is $314.00 -- I'm about ready to order it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom