Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: replace a l98 engine for a ls6 on a 91 vette

jgr91vette

Corvette
1991 L98 blue coupe
hi all vette riders, i own a 91 vette and i was wondering about replacing mi engine for an ls6, if anyone knows about what mods are nedded. my vette is automatic i was thinking to replace it for a zf6 manual trans. any help or suggestions for this mods would be great.

I can't give you all the specifics, but you're looking at alot of work. Trying to get the electronics swapped would be a nightmare I imagine.

hi all vette riders, i own a 91 vette and i was wondering about replacing mi engine for an ls6, if anyone knows about what mods are nedded. my vette is automatic i was thinking to replace it for a zf6 manual trans. any help or suggestions for this mods would be great.

I think a good rebuild of your L-98 with one of the supercharger kits would get you near the same performance with a lot less headaches and probably a lot less money.

Scott

I would take that L98 rebuild a little bit further and go 383. You'd get more HP and Torque than the LS6. No electronic or wiring nightmares.

thanks for all the suggestions. i think i will work my l98 like u suggest edmond.but im still wondering if its posible to instal de zf6 manual tranny with my l98 or if you know about any 5 or 6 speed bolt on automatic tranny for this engine would be great.

thanks for all the suggestions. i think i will work my l98 like u suggest edmond.but im still wondering if its posible to instal de zf6 manual tranny with my l98 or if you know about any 5 or 6 speed bolt on automatic tranny for this engine would be great.

Yes, people have installed the ZF or even Richmond manual trannies in formerly auto cars. You'll have to find a donor vette to get the clutch equipment and mounting members from. Also, since your car is an auto it has the D36 rear end which is not as strong as the D44 rear end that the manual cars came with.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom