Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacement carb

Which replacement carb should I use?

• Edelbrock Q-Jet

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Edelbrock Q-Jet (replacement)

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Jet Peformance Stage I Q-Jet rebuild

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Local auto parts store rebuilt carb

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Rebuild it yourself -- you can do it!

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Go with a performance carb!

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
TPI

There are no cons. You gain gobs of torque, better drivability and better fuel mileage. You need an adjustable vacuum modulator for your tranny so it will shift at a lower rpm and take advantage of the bottom end torque increase.

KLB,
The TPI is sittin on a shelf in my garage. I had a meltdown on my Q-Jet, just after getting the TPI and had to buy a new carb. I got a 750CFM Speed Demon and I fell in love with it. I still would like to do the TPI, but for now I think I am going to sell the setup I bought and stick with the Demon. It is easy to tune and I love how it runs. So, on hold for now. If you know of anyone who wants to buy my setup I have everything except the injectors. Later

Edelbrock Performer series....

Why?
-You can always clean up and bag your Q-jet.
-They are easy to install and tune
-You can take out and change the metering rod and spring by
removing a single screw!!!!
-It will provide significant performance gains over stock
-It will not leak like some other popular aftermarket carbs (Starts with an H and ends with a Y).

Edelbrock Q Jet

We put one on our 81 Coupe.
Made a real difference in performance compared to the Holley 650 CFM DP carb the previous owner put on there.
It was Edelbrocks Q Jet 1903 (795 CFM).
Do not even need a choke to start her now, just two pumps on the gas and crank her, away she goes.

Ours also has a Mallory ignition system and Blaster 3 Coil. The stock inlet manifold has been replaced as the old one has 'water jackets issues'. The bottom end is getting old and tired now, with 22 years under her belt. We know this as the head gaskets were original GM from the production line.

Cheers

Tony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom