Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Replacement of 3 piece rear hatch moldings

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

93annivette

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Ruby Red Coupe
I can't figure out how to get the clips that fit over the ends of the pneumatic hatch tubes and secure them to the car back on. I used a screw driver to pry them off which you have to do in order to replace the side moldings. Is there a special tool that will spread them apart in order to fit them back on?:confused

Problem solved

I can't figure out how to get the clips that fit over the ends of the pneumatic hatch tubes and secure them to the car back on. I used a screw driver to pry them off which you have to do in order to replace the side moldings. Is there a special tool that will spread them apart in order to fit them back on?:confused

I used two needle nose pliers to pry the clips apart in order to fit over the strut endpiece. I found that you don't need to pry the clip completely off in order to get the strut off in the first place but just enough to allow the strut assembly to pop off the ball. The whole thing will reassemble with the clip in place-just pop it on over the ball.

Rear hatch

I use pliers and then place them back on by hand.

QUOTE=93annivette;1156620]I can't figure out how to get the clips that fit over the ends of the pneumatic hatch tubes and secure them to the car back on. I used a screw driver to pry them off which you have to do in order to replace the side moldings. Is there a special tool that will spread them apart in order to fit them back on?:confused[/QUOTE]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom