Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacing Door Panels

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
Happy Holidays to All and many thanks for the wit and wisdom of this forum.

I recently picked up a set of used door panels then bought the mounting and screw kits from Ecklers for my early 74 coupe w/pw.

I've searched the available posts for a "how-to" on replacing door panels and didn't find the step-by-step instruction I've relied on for past projects.

Can someone point me in the right direction - - or is it just so straighforward that most reasonably adept folks ought to be able to struggle through it ?:duh

Many thanks - -and best wishes for a happy, safe New Year!

Regards-

Hi CQRT,

Happy holidays to you also out there in the warmer climate!

I've had my panels off several times fooling with the window adjustment. The only difficult part might be removing the retaining clips from the door lock. I made a little tool by bending the tip of an old butter knife at 90 deg so I could reach under the locking knob and push the retaining clip out of the way. After that it's just removing the screws around the outside and lifting the panel up a little as you remove it. I don't think I even removed my door handle. There's a right angle clip installed on the lower right side of the panel as viewed from the inside that's screwed to the door. That might be missing or broken, if so they're avilable from Ecklers pretty cheap.
Hope this helps. Bill

Thanks Bill - - -I'll give it a shot and call for help if I mess it up !

Cheers - -

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom