Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacing Emblems

NMoline

Corvette
1984 Silver Coupe
I am looking to paint my 1984 Corvette. I am going to leave it the factory colors. My question is since all of my emblems mainly the hood and gas door emblems, should I replace these before or after the paint job? Thanks

Do it before. It will make for a nice finished product. That stuff is difficult to mask & always leaves the telltale signs.:ugh

Before ??? I think rabbit must mean to "Paint before replacing emblems" if you replace emblems then paint you WILL have to mask off . Brrrrrr real PITA methinks

Remove everything that is possible to remove before you have it painted. Even weatherstrips and gaskets if you want it perfect. Big job but worth it when the job is done.

Before ??? I think rabbit must mean to "Paint before replacing emblems" if you replace emblems then paint you WILL have to mask off . Brrrrrr real PITA methinks

Sori, shud have quoted him. I meant to remove them before painting. Thanks for being alert.

Remove them all but leave the corvette on the back and paint to match the car it looks:cool.

I did it and think it looks pretty sharp.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom