Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

replacing front in dash speakers

79 VETTE

Corvette
1979 L82 BLACK COUPE
Looking to replace my front in dash speakers on my 1979 L82.
Any product suggestions and or what have you tried and what was your experience with this?
Thank you in advance
Mark

If this is the factory radio, the speakers are a 10 or a 10 1/2 ohm speaker. Your run of the mill speakers from Wally World or Radio Shack are usually a 4 or 8 ohm speaker. Replacement speakers are available from Corvette vendors. When I replaced the ones in my 72 coupe, the hard part was finding someone who had the speakers in stock.

Sent you a PM on how to get to the dash speakers to replace them.

Alpine Speaker Covers.jpgClarion Amp Photo.jpgPhoto of 300W Claron Amp.jpgPolk Audio Front Speakers.jpgRear Speakers 2.jpgWire Color Conversion Chart.jpg
Looking to replace my front in dash speakers on my 1979 L82.
Any product suggestions and or what have you tried and what was your experience with this?
Thank you in advance
Mark
After much research, and trial and error, I am thrilled with my C3 sound setup using the attached (photos) products. The Polks come highly rated and fit, and the Alpines are the only high performance speakers that will easily fit in your stock rear speaker brackets (or buy them from a C3 parts supplier forum sponsor as needed) because of their high tech, high performance neo-magnet. I also installed a very small, but mighty, amplifier which is rated to run cool and fits hidden under the radio nicely. Mount it so that it does not jiggle around yet stays properly ventilated). I hope this helps you.
Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom