Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacing the Door

Estam

This may come under Technical but can anyone tell me if is there is a plug and socket when replacing the door on a C4?
I am looking for a passenger side door and wonder if I'm going to have to splice the wires etc....
Thanks....

It's always a good idea to list the year of your C4 when you post. There are a lot of connectors inside the door, and the factory assembly process dictates that the car be easy to assemble, so you can be sure no splicing would be required to replace a door. I'm sure those connectors won't be the same from '84 to '96, so you'd probably be better off to get a door from the same year 'vette.

:w

It's always a good idea to list the year of your C4 when you post. There are a lot of connectors inside the door, and the factory assembly process dictates that the car be easy to assemble, so you can be sure no splicing would be required to replace a door. I'm sure those connectors won't be the same from '84 to '96, so you'd probably be better off to get a door from the same year 'vette.

Thanks Hot Rod, I have an 84 and have been told that the doors from 84 to 89 are basically the same so am hoping to get a pair later the better which might have some better hardware inside.

As you probably know by the info in my heading, I also have an '84. What's the problem with your doors? Replacing a door looks like a pretty major project!

As you probably know by the info in my heading, I also have an '84. What's the problem with your doors? Replacing a door looks like a pretty major project!

Backing too close to a 4x4 fence post completely ripped of my mirror. Mirror is perfect but it held on to much of the fiberglass skin and some rusty inside support frame still attached. Sent a picture to a friend and said I would be further ahead to get e used door. Figuring if the price is right I would replace both and hope for an updated winder mechanism. Would appreciate any thoughts...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom