Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Request for all C3 owners

S

Scott81

Greetings everyone,

For those that don't know, I recently made a DVD of a Corvette show I went to and sent out several copies, the response was very good and everyone seemed to really like it. From the people that responded to the survey it tells me that they would like more of this sort of thing. I have 2GB of Corvette videos I've collected from around the internet, many of it C3's, the problem with those are they can't be converted and they are all different sizes and types. So here's my plan.....

I would like to make an ALL C3 DVD. This is a way for you to show off your car to the rest of the world. Even with all the C3 owners on the various forums we still seem somewhat neglected when it comes to C3 specific items, I want to change that. And my last one sounded so cool coming out of 8 speakers :D

I am requesting that anyone with a C3 go out and shoot some good video, driving in the country, highway, whatever. Doing burnouts, donuts, racing(at the track), doesn't matter, just be safe, don't hurt anyone, don't do anything illegal and don't get caught by the police. :D I suggest finding a way to securely mount the camera, jiggly video doesn't work too well, especially if all you see is the tops of peoples heads or clouds. If you want a decent but cheap mount check this place out; http://www.conecam.com/mounts1.htm Also, Vettedan is now making cheaper & better camera mounts for the Shark Bars.

The only thing I ask is that it be digital video, I have no way of getting other types into my computer. You could send me miniDV tapes, DV files burned to CD(750mb limit) or DVD(1.4gb) and I can import that, I have no way to get VHS, VHS-C, or HI8 tapes copied and converted into digital...yet anyway. Anyone that sends a miniDV tape I can either send it back or send you a blank back, if you want it returned. Returning CD's or DVD's is probably not worth the trouble.

I haven't figured out yet how I will handle getting copies out, I'm not rich so I can't afford to just give away 100 copies and I lost money on the last one. What I am thinking right now is to give a free copy to people who send in video, then everyone else can pay $10 or less depending on the final cost. DVD's would come in a jewel case, have a nice graphic cover and a glossy label on the DVD. If someone with photoshop skills wants to do the artwork for a free one please by all means let me know. I plan on taking some time to do this one, make sure the editing is right and scene transitions work together along with any music/sound. Everyone that contributes will get credit on the DVD.

Here's a link to a teaser I did, keep in mind I just hacked this one together for the web, the DVD was much nicer; http://www.c3sharktank.com/theater/theater.html

Here's a shot of the actual DVD; http://www.c3sharktank.com/stuff/DVD.jpg

One other request I have is for music, not everyone likes hard rock so if you have any cool tunes that might work well let me know or email them.

If you are interested I can be contacted here; scott@c3sharktank.com

Thanks!

OK, gotta add this....

Any C3 owners in the Tampa to Ft. Meyers area, and possibly farther, I'm willing to bring out the camera to get some footage. If anyone is interested drop me an email or post here and we'll figure out a date...or maybe two for those that can't make the first. Nothing like a nice little C3 caravan.

Scott,

Glad to see you decided to post this. I think it is a fantastic idea and provides the entire community a little peek of other C3's esp. CAC membership.

For a more indepth discussion and to see some of the responses Scott has received from the one DVD he has done already.. take lookie "HERE"

sounds awesome...how does one get a copy of the completed DVD?

Sherry.... Sherry.... Sherry...

Yes my dear you qualify.. C3 is not a very affectionate name for our generation of Corvette 1968 ~ 1982

Not near as nice as "Shark" but better than "Coke Bottles" ;)

Bud

Scott,

PM me your address and I will send you a copy of the DVD from our little mountain cruise. As I recall, it has all of the video from the second trip and a couple of clips from the first.

Bob

sherry_ridgeway said:
hi my only question is .."whats a c3"...i have a 77 with an L-82 motor..does that qualify?..i have a few lil videos i made "30 secs" etc..sorry 2 questions for the picky people ..sherry:)

Sherry,

See the little title up at the top of the page that says C3 Tech Forum (1968 - 82). Now didn't that even pique your interest a little bit. :upthumbs I think you might have opened yourself up here for a little good natured ribbing. Remember, it's all in fun; at least that's what I tell myself when Nyernga gets me good.

Take care.

Bob

Excellent idea. I have had a bunch of ideas floating around my head of videos and music to do with my car, but they are as yet unrealized. I wanted to get the car a little further along, but I guess we will just have to see! Keep up the good work!

Bob- sending PM shortly, THANKS!

81 Corvette- Which one do you mean, the one I want to do or the one I made of OctoberVettes? The one I want to get done I would just put up on my web site store page along with the OctoberVettes one, HOWEVER I am thinking that anyone who sends in video contributions for the new project would get a free copy of it. There are no copyright protections on any I do, that has to be done in a production facility from what I know of, and even then I couldn't afford that.

ALL- Some questions/suggestions have been made so let me say a couple more things about the DVD stuff.

Any Corvette from 1968 to 1982, with any engine, in any color is acceptable. That's the only requirement, it has to be 68-82.

So far only one person has been unable to watch the last one, I think it may be a player incompatibility but have no way to tell, the person was going to try it on another player but hasn't gotten back to me yet. I did send a copy to Australia and they had no trouble watching it, it was burned in NTSC format.

Keep in mind also, I'm not Steven Spielberg and this won't be a Matrix quality movie. But I am learning and the people who sent in suggestions were all very good points which helps greatly, I mean that. If this project happens I am going to take a couple months, at least, to work on this and get it right.

I can burn in PAL format as well. I'm using an Apple G4 dual 1G MDD with a Superdrive to burn these. It burns without being region specific, I believe there are 6 or 7 DVD regions in the world...which is silly, make one so everyone can have the same thing. I don't have a clue if I can import PAL format or not. I'm just some guy with a computer trying to have a little fun, all that techno-geek stuff is beyond me.

One last thing, my final goal isn't to make a bunch of money off this, for me it's all fun so that's why I said 10 bucks or less. I would like to at least break even and not loose any money. The other thing I want to do is for everyone to have a little fun, be able to show off for everyone else. I know it's a bad time of year for the northern people but if this works out I will definately consider making more, if not I'll stick with getting video of just the Florida people....and you don't want them to have all the fun do you?

Re: Re: Request for all C3 owners

sherry_ridgeway said:
well i knew it was a c3..i was just wondering about the engine sizes etc..to me a c3 is almost as good an explosive device as c4 or c6????..i need to read the learning center again a lil more closely .hahahahahha!!!!!! sorry its been a while and ive had a lot of things on my mind lately ...thanks for reminding me..sherry:)

I've read the posts, understand what you have gone through lately and responded, hopefully you felt that they were positive because that was the intent. We take ourselves too seriously and this was an attempt to poke a little fun. Hopefully you took it that way.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom