Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Resonance

PANA0050.jpg

PANA0049.jpg

PANA0048.jpg

PANA0047.jpg

Wow, thanks for a quick post, Shane! The pictures and the steps you took help bigtime!!!!!:beer

SPANISHVETTS said:
Try extending the tail pipes about 2¨past the back bumper. How far back is the balance tube?
I don't like spending money to try something that may not work. Having said this, I went to a local auto parts store and searched for some chrome tips, fairly long and having a 3" diameter, since the Dynomax tips measure 3" at their widest (they are like a squared-off oval). They cost about $20 dollars EACH. So I did the next best thing: went to Home Depot (there is no Lowe's in Puerto Rico) and purchased a length of plastic gutter, cut it into 4 pieces of 7" length and attached them to the tips using big radiator hose clamps. Went for a test drive and the resonance was not reduced. By the way, the plastic melted as I expected, after a 15 minute test drive:eyerole .
So, extending the tips behind the rear bumper about 5 inches did not help. Next, I will return to H.D. for some insulation to line the rear cargo area and see if I can reduce the nasty resonance. Will also try plugging one exhaust outlet on each muffler to see if it helps. Will keep you posted.
Thanks for the replies to all of you guys.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom