Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Restoring a '78 L82 - paint and interior costs

C34JD

Can anyone give me a sense for what it costs to repaint a white '78 and install new carpeting up front? I'm thinking of buying an L82 w/70k original miles - strong runner, good mechanicals. Paint will be the biggest resto cost so I'm trying to get a sense for what I'm up against. Thanks!

You can pay anything you want for a paint job, but the quality differs immensely!! What are you looking for...show quality paint? If so, the price goes sky high! I would ask Corvette people in your area and see if there is one guy whose name comes up time and again. Look at the cars he has done and make your decision then. I would guess that a good job will cost you at least $7-8k...or more!

Elaine

First be sure to go to a body shop the understands Vettes! The price will depend a lot on how much prep work will be needed as well as how many previous paint jobs the car has had. All surface cracks and crazing must be removed as they will just show up through the new paint. Bottom guess for a car that still has the OEM paint and no damage and staying with the same color would be $5000.00 min. Just goes up from there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom