Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Retrofit a Tach?

Flared69

Corvette
1969 350ci #36155
Hello there.

I would like to retrofit a new tach that has an electronic tach drive. Is this possible? The end result I desire is that the tach looks original. As allways, any help is appreciated :)

Nik.

Nik:
You'll need an OE tach from 75 thru 77 vette. Since about 72 or so, the white/green numeral-tick paint has changed and probably won't perfectly match earlier gages. So you'll have to swap your 69 tach face onto the 75-77 tach body. I haven't heard back from you ... That tach drive distributor you got from me is OK isn't it? Curious why you'd wanna switch to electronic tach now.
JACK:gap

Hi Jack,

yeah the distributor works fine, it just doesn't appear to be compatible with the conversion kit that I purchased (to convert it from points to electronic)... so I think its going to go up on ebay.

Its a pity, but it appears to be the way the sun is shining right now :)

(I should also note to any other readers in this post, if you need to do business with Jack, he is VERY helpful and worth doing business with).

So im looking at getting a HEI distributor, and retrofitting a tach to it. See what happens :) Will look around at the OE ones today.

Nik, i am using a later HEI dist on my vette. i bought a broken tach from a 75 corvette on ebay for $25. then purchased a new circuit board for $59. i did it this way so i didn't have to worry how long a used but working dist would last.
after mounting to the dash assmbly it was easy to wire up. works great for me.

Robin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom