Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ride control

V

vent69

is there a fuse i can remove to make the light go off??and will it effect anything else???

thanx
vent

Saw you have a 94 from your other post.

This info from Corvette Fever, 12/01

The SRC light can be turned off & the system disabled by disconnecting the SRC module.
The SRC is located in the compartment behind the drivers seat. There is a 7mm screw under the carpet.

The SRC module is a black plastic box, 2 inches by 3 inches, & about 1 inch thick on the bulkhead behind the drivers side seat in the compartment. The SRC is fastened to the bulkhead by 2 7mm screws. The module has a 32 position connector with 27 wires. Locate & disconnect the32 position
wire connector. Once disconnected
the SRC is disabled & the light will no longer be on.

This will not effect any other system or illuminate other warning lights.

The article specifically mention a 92, but am pretty sure they are similiar.

ride control light

I am so glad to see this is how to disable that annoying light!! Thanks. Tim46

Let us know if it works? I have an FX3 & am interested if you notice any change in handling. Are you going to change shocks to non
controllable or have the faulty one repaired?

I want to repair the faulty ones. You can send them to Bistein for $100 with a two week turn around. I don't know if it's the shock or the actuator. I know the small gear on top of the shock is sheared off. The car handles great in it's present condition. Any advice? Tim46

Personally I would get it repaired & hope for the best with the other 3. Some guys replace the FX3 with standard shocks, but I like everything to be working. Its "toss up"?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom