Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Road and Track on C6

Corvette1984 said:
The c5 is just as hideous, but people bought it and people still want it. Everyone just plays into the Corvette mystique just as GM expects and they continue to make cars 4 the image people

That's why I'm sticking with a C4 for many years to come. I'm moving up to an LT4 next and then LT5 after that...:t

It sounds like I am in the minority. The C6 looks great IMHO.

BullWinkle said:

That's why I'm sticking with a C4 for many years to come. I'm moving up to an LT4 next and then LT5 after that...:t

i'm with ya BW! i'm not too fond of the C-5 and now seeing the C-6 i think it looks like a viper crossed over a supra. i don't like it although i know it'll probably be the fastest best handling corvette ever produced but i don't think i'd buy one when i think the C-4 is the best looking out of the whole bunch ;)

C6

Just to add my dime, the C5 is by far the best looking since the late 50's into the late 60's. all the C4 are way to simple looking and have no sex appeal. The C3 open the door to the sleekness that transends time like the early years. You like Vettes because they're an American Icon but the C5 was the only one I ever considered buying outside of the classics but they're not everday drivers and I chose a 63 T-Bird for my Classic! As for the C6 the drop looks way better than the coupe and if they get rid of the flip-ups pick a better design. Change is what makes the world go round, the logo is the C4 knockoff and the C5's look better.

Arrghhhhhhhh

It looks like an Avanti on steroids.....

:j

No thank YOU! NEXT!

I hate to say it...that makes a rustang look good!

And how much are they asking???!!!!!!!

The vert looks SLIGHTLY better... but for that kinda money...used VIPER RT-10 Vert

Or a 67 Big Block tri power

Hell the new Z car!

Anything but THAT!

Vig!

Well, GM did debut, completely unannounced, a working model, the only one made so far of the redesigned 2004 corvette at the Effingham show in Il this last weekend. Unfortunately I did miss it, but I do know several people that went. They liked it, said it resembled a classic vette. Unfortunately, no camera with them. Talked to them individualy, and they don't know eachother so they did not make this up...

HOW can you give that kind of information without having a picture. Does any one have one, anyone? Do you have any more inforamtion about the Effingham auto show? Is it a chevy, Corvette, or what kind of show. Someone has to have a picture of it. Need more information please?

After a little research, I figured out that Effingham is a Corvette show sponsered by MID America Designs. On their web site they mention nothing about a C6 Corvette prototype at all. I did however find a picture of a C5 that has a classic look like other picutres that I have seen. This picture is of a red Corvette instead of white, maybe this is what they saw. I have included a picture. This is not of the C6 in my mind, just a kit that you can add to your C5 now. I have seen several picutes of this car before, just white.

i will forward this pic to the people that i know that went to the show and see if this is what they saw... The effingham show was a big corvette show that I missed. I have another link going for it, and someone responded they went to the show and has pictures...

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16503&goto=newpost

Unfortunately, everyone was mistaken down there. They were being told it was the c6 vette, the first one, the only one so far... Another member here recognized it as a stingray III I guess everyone assumed down there and no one mentioned it =(

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=173

Although, that Stingray III is a lot sharper than the drawings I've seen in like Motortrend and such. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them go that way... Hell, It is sporty, kinda went viper style, and don't forget lately a lot of concept cars became reality..... Viper, PT Loser, Thunderbird, and the Chevy SLR i believe its called..

Nice Photo, there - that was the Stingray III. It was designed in the 1980's, and is a one-of-a-kind car. That car has been there before and I've seen it at Bloomington Gold too.

Thanks for the photo!

Jeff

fasterthanu said:
Chevy SLR i believe its called..

Chevy SSR..... nice
http://www.chevyssrforum.com/

However back on topic, I like the Vette III better than the latest concept. I wouldn't mind seeing more vette concepts put out there. The speed that the SSR went from concept to production is an anomaly for GM. Would be nice if it happened more.

I agree the C6 Coupe design posted by Rob is very disappointing. The angle on the vert gives a much different view, and seems to be a bit more appealing, but not a real impressive car by any means.

I just hope GM keeps working on it. I really doubt Motor Trend has it right, or that either of these pictures is accurate. I think they look too similar to other cars in production and most likely it is dis-information posted by GM to keep everyone guessing and talking.

I am pretty sure motor trend is the one that revealed the C5 early, with a set of drawings that is almost exactly like the C5.... and too much like other cars??? the C5 looks like an RX7 and NSX hybrid/ripoff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom