Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Road and Track on C6

This is far from being the total picture. The rumor is the C6 is truly a beautiful design.. (this coming from the british magazine "CAR" who said they have seen the design..yada..yada..yada..LOL

Who knows whats true or not at this point..but supposedly its really a winner.

Best to wait and see more when it hits the presses..or the net.

I'm with Big Red on this . Chevy knows what we like and won't thrash our car . Cliff

I'm still confident, possibly out of shear ignorance, that the C6 will GROW to be a near-perfect car. This image looks alot like that non-descript thing out of the last issue of Car & Driver. I rather like the things that I hear about the C6 and its development, and I take the artist's renderings with a grain of salt. They really are never right. Usually they draw something so devoid of detail that the car could RESEMBLE anything, then when the real deal comes out, they say, "See we told you so!"

My prediction: After they finally do introduce the car, It will be well-taken by about 40-50%. 3-4 years after that, lots more will like them. Just like the rest of the Corvettes.

Just ramblings of a madman.

Greg

I hope they come out with a higher performance version as well. If history repeats itself, GM will do that ala ZR1, Z06, etc... I just hope they don't wait for Ford to come out with a "Corvette Killer" Mustang and then react and come out with a higher HP C6 model.

Any idea's on the price of C6? Maybe I should start saving my pennies...

Most of the articles discussing the C6 mention the goal of keeping the price under control. They are talking about making the interior better, and I'm not sure what that'll cost or what they'll charge. It should be a little cheaper (and lighter) to use exposed headlights, and it also appears that they have made the manufacturing process of the chassis gradually more streamlined and cost-effective with the C5.

I truly do think that they'll do it right.

Greg

2004 spring/summer release. 380 hp 3000 lbs ...
2005 spring summer release of ZO6 type version...

450hp sub 3000 lb curb weight.

What the %@*#%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Verrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy @%#&^$#*disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And GM thinks that it will sell? They have another thing coming. @#$%^&

StillDreaming said:
What the %@*#%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Verrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy @%#&^$#*disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And GM thinks that it will sell? They have another thing coming. @#$%^&

I can see where you're coming from. I think that by the time the C6 high performance vehicle rolls around, 450 HP won't be that much to brag about. Just look at the almost annual increases in HP from so many cars. Look at the Corvette, HP increases aren't made unless sales stop meeting expectations. GM keeps waiting for the other manufacturer's to raise the bar, then GM follows.

Once Ford redesigns that Mustang and makes it even more powerful than the 2003 390 HP supercharged Pony car, GM had better watch out. The Mustang has already dealt a fatal blow to the F-bodies, if GM isn't careful, the Corvette could be next.:(

Not to worry

They have two different prototypes at the museum. Neither of them look like these. One is very futuristic, and one less so. The wife likes them. We shall see. I wish I had my camera so I guess I'll have to go back and take some pix for y'all.
--Drew:w

DkBG said:
.... Chevy knows what we like and won't thrash our car . Cliff

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

that is a good one! Did you know chevy does a ton of research and ignores most of it?
example: the majority of C4 owners (i think 80%) reported to chevy that they liked the digital dash... what does the C5 have? I have digital watches that display more than that tiny blip at the bottom of the C5 dash... why? The car magazines are not fond of digital dashes (especially in the 80's and 90's) so the C5 doesn't have digital to make the magazines happy, and make the reviews look better.... oh yeah, and how many like what they did with the 50th vette?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

That's why the HUD made it to the C5...digital dash lovers unite!!!

Nothin' better than a big number to tell me my speed...
...and a big needle to indicate my RPMs.
:)

C V Man

I have wanted a corvette all my life and boy am I glad I bought the 2002 C5 Red Convertible as my first and last corvette.

Corvette is DEAD if this design is for real. Just looks like EuroTrash to me.

FelineC5 said:
I have wanted a corvette all my life and boy am I glad I bought the 2002 C5 Red Convertible as my first and last corvette.

Corvette is DEAD if this design is for real. Just looks like EuroTrash to me.

Enjoy that beautiful 2002 Red Convertible Corvette..because when the time comes that this new C6 hits the market it will be a beautiful addition to the Corvette lineage..

Your car will still be as beautiful as the day you drove it off the lot...no question..yet the evolutionary changes to create the C6 will be a little sexier..and little more sensual..in final product...

Not much different..not the type that totally dates the C5..but enough to get many C5 owners ..along with superior handling, braking, acceleration, interior feel..etc..to make the jump..

Summer of 2004 is a long way off... and then the first year crazy demand..then the second year high performance 450hp version..then the crazy demand again..

I'm thinking summer of 2006 before I make a move to the new car..and only then if the car sells without markups over sticker..

Just two cents..(as truly there is nothing like a red convertible vette! ) My neigbhor a few houses down has one and its stunning right from the factory!

I agree with the last post, whichever Corvette you own, it represents a part of the history so it is never outdated. No other car (other than Porsche etc.) has that, once you own a piece of it, your in the club so to speak. The C6 represents an evolution, one that so far looks like one I'll buy into, 2006 looks good, give them a year to work any of the start up problems out.

A year or two

how about 3 years. Look at the C4s and C5s. C4s didn't become bug free for 3-4 years and if you look at the 2nd generation C4s (91-96) an argument could be made for 5-7 years to get up to speed, and the ZR1 didn't even appear till 1990--6 years into the production run. C5s had a few problems with the 97s, and in my opinion 99 was the first good year with the HUD and all the extras that you find on the new vettes (except for my crappy wheels--I need the 2000 model chrome ones) and Z06 didn't even appear till 2000. No doubt that the vette keeps gettin better and better, but for me I'm gonna pay this C5 off first and then look at the C6s--that should put me into about 2007!

Re: A year or two

Drewser said:
I'm gonna pay this C5 off first and then look at the C6s--that should put me into about 2007!

;) ;) ;)

I see alot of negatives and some refusals to buy it(C6 as pictured).........but it really doesnt matter what we think!

The c5 is just as hideous, but people bought it and people still want it. Everyone just plays into the Corvette mystique just as GM expects and they continue to make cars 4 the image people while real car people buy it 4 the excellent performance. When people finally realise its ugly or marketing people want "new product".... they make some dumb cosmetic package for image people (aniversary or pace car editions) and performance package (Z06) and everyone just compromises and buys the car because its still a great bargain. Same old same old

If anybody had any TASTE or Kahuna's at GM they'd send the entire design team packing...but they wont.......Just "restylise" the ugly design(beauty is not REALLY in the "eye of beholder"....that phrase was perpetuated by idiots who dont have a "discriminating eye"....buts that a point 4 another day) :)

Maybe now is the time to look to the future and the C7 rather that make the same mistakes over and over!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom