Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rocker Panels

M

Markuk

anyone know is there a difference between 1991 Corvette ZR-1 Rocker Panels and 1990 vert Rocker Panels I found a pair of ZR1 panels on ebay will they fit my 90 Vert. My car has side step ground effects with original Rocker Panels removed I hate the side steps and want to put the car back to original.:confused

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they are probably the same for the ZR-1 and the regular C4 Corvette. The ZR-1 was wider in the rear, but the width was in the rear quarters mainly, and I don't think it would have affected the lower rocker panel width. Upwards from there is a whole different story. ;)

_ken :w

Thanks Ken they are only at $50+ so I think I will take a chance as those side steps must go!!

this is probalby a dumb question

what is a rocker panel?

same thing as valve cover?

Shadowing1985v said:
what is a rocker panel?

ROCKER PANEL: A part of the vehicle body, which runs along the outer edge of the vehicle, below the doors. The rocker panel supports the floor pan.

_ken :w

The rocker panels are unique to the ZR-1. The doors on a ZR-1 start to expand in the middle, so the doors on a ZR-1 are also unique.

The doors are different, and I have a strong feeling that the rockers are different too.... check out the gallery section of this web site for pictures... The rockers don't really look the same, the ZR1 rockers seem to have a curve to them... It could be just the way I am looking at them too... your best bet would be to go to chevrolet and ask for the part numbers on the ZR1 and regular vettes.

--rob beat me to the punch there!

Hey Markuk,

I have a pair off of my 93' that are just sitting in my garage. I removed them when I installed the Side Effects exhaust system, they are in good shape. If the deal fall through e-mail me at erichowserconsulting@hotmail.com, I'd rather someone make use of them than just have them collect dust.

Good luck,

Eric

Eric - I noticed that your car has the 3.75 gear ratio - how do you like it? What did the car have as a stock ratio? I'm looking to change mine out and can't decide between the 3.55s and the 3.73s. Just curious what you thought. Thanks.

All I can say is that the 3.75's ROCK! I went from a 2.59...why they ever placed this on a sports car is unknown to me. I have absolutely no issues with them at all. I've been told that you lose some top end with this gear but all I can see is that I can more effectively use that tall gear in OD better.

I would recommend the taller gear (3.73 or even 4.11's) over the other (3.55), if you don't do alot of highspeed highway driving these would be great.

To summarize, it feels like a new car. Now just wait till this weekend...hopefully I'll have a 100 shot installed.

Good luck!

i have a 85

and it says my gear ratio is 2.73
but there was a performace gear ratio choice on my year

im not sure what i really have

anyways,,

if i have a 2.73 right now with a auto tranny
would a 3.55 be good or what

i don't mine losing some top end but not a whole bunch

my top end is 150 right now i would like to keep it at least at 130

Everyone's right about the rocker panels. If you look at each style you'll notice that the standard C-4 panel looks like it's tucked up under the car and the ZR-1 panel doesn't do that. That's another one of the little things that give the ZR-1 a little different look.

Jay

Just to pose the question. Even if the rocker panels have a different shape, would the ZR1 panels fit Markuk's car? Would they match up at the doors?

Spdmn :w

Hey Mark,

I've tried to e-mail you a couple of time and have been having difficulty. Shoot me an e-mail if you would.

Eric

Spiderman said:
Just to pose the question. Even if the rocker panels have a different shape, would the ZR1 panels fit Markuk's car? Would they match up at the doors?

Spdmn :w

I don't think so because of the way the ZR-1 starts to flare out. I really don't think the back of the rocker will line up because of this.

Jay

Hi guys thanks for all your help but lucky I had the highest bid $75 but the dealer would still not sell the ZR1 panels to me, good job as they probably will not fit. But Eric has a pair for me which will fit so all's well.
Eric I have got one of your Emails and have replied so you should have it by now but mark-chambers@msn.com should get me ok.

Thanks again everyone best regards

Mark

You know, I tried your e-mail address yesterday a couple of time and I guess you never got them (after the first). Try me at work...I'll be there in the morning (my time). ehowser@mail.doc.state.mo.us.

Did you receive an e-mail from this address today? It seems that everytime I reply to your e-mails in my hotmail account it come back "unreceived"....figure that.

Hopefully I'll chat with you tomorrow.

Eric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom