Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ron Fellows Championship Z06 And Indy Pace Car Replica Convertible Editions Make 2007

Pseudomind said:
Exterior or interior?
GMC2007020136151_PV.jpg

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?035505

My "Gut" Reaction to GM new model announcements.....

While I'm glad for these two different versions of the 2007 Corvette are going to be produced, , my instant reaction to this announcement was to ask... "WHY?".....

Why in the middle of the 07 production run has GM decided it's necessary to "re-package" this car?

My gut instinct tells me, that something is wrong and here's my wild speculations as to "WHY?"

I think it's pretty safe to say that GM is not introducing these models due to "customer" demand, so... it must be because the "07" sales figures are seriously lagging behind previous years sales figures..

The REASON I think sales might be off is due to:
1. The Corvette market has all the Corvettes it can handle;
2. The Corvette is getting too expensive; or
3. The upcoming "08" model, is so significantly better (rumors of a base engine with 450HP, etc...) that when it hits the showroom floors six or seven months from now, or as more and more information leaks out about what's coming dealers are going to have a hard time getting rid of any remaining 07's. (2004 all over again???)

Only time will tell.....but it's fun to speculate on what "might be...."

Your thoughts???
:beer :beer

Yes Rob that LT5 is a thing to behold.

Its nice to see the final version of the Z06....

After doing some pre-vis work on it personally, i'm overall very pleased at the way it came out....although the car is a ron fellows edition, it will have a Le Mans theme for when its released in Europe (not the name, only what the package includes.....) atleast thats whats been told on my end....

I like a visual statement for a pace car and this is what I think one should look like! LOUD and PROUD

pace03.jpg

And yes Rob I agree on the LT-5--- Not only the best looking engine but the most complex engineering and endurance proof one too! I defy any production car to do 10 daytona 500's back to back and then do two 190 mph victory laps. Any current Z06 owners up to that challenge? VW/Audi may have made a "far out" W-motor but it never became a production reality of 7,000 made that anyone can afford---well now at the current prices---We will have to save a long time to buy a new Z06-- and will a medium miles 10-15 year old Z06 have the appeal that the ZR-1 still has. After all it took from 1990 until 2005 to have the base vette match the performance of a ZR-1 HP wise. Listen to the 7.000+ rpms of this LT-5 in this video and tell me the sound is not an intoxication....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f067a270-b095-4555-8991-9852002dee64.htm

You won't see many Z06 guys doing this with their vette in 10-15 years down the pike and NA too boot!
That is the beauty of the LT-5---If you want more it is easy to get more HP from it!
You bet I'm another biased specialty vette owner!!! And I bet most ZRONERS are too!!! Right Rob??

I've been asking for a white C6 Z06, and now it's here! :D

Seriously shopping for a Ron Fellows '07 white Z06!

What has a pacecar ever been but a decal package and a special color? What makes this desperate and the 76 not desperate?

I'm with you. Decals, and possibly a special paint scheme and wheels is all the pace car editions have ever been. Of course, the vette is one of the few cars which could pace the race in stock form.

It's interesting to read some of the feedback on these two cars on other sites. The overall opinion is very negative. Why? Because the packages consist of some stickers, special paint and interior upgrades, but no new power upgrades.

Although I'm not crazy about white on any car, I think the Ron Fellows Z06 is kind of cool. As for the Pace Car, I think it's probably one of the most tasteful Corvette Pacecars Chevrolet has done in quite some time.

I can't help but wonder if some of the people doing the loudest complaining can even handle the power their Corvettes already have.

Historically, Corvette pacecars, have never come with any power upgrades - just special paint and stickers. As for special edition Corvettes, well, let's see....we have the C3 Silver Anniversary Corvette - special silver paint and interior - no power upgrades. The 1993 40th Anniversary Corvette - ruby red paint, ruby red interior, some chrome plated emblems - no power upgrades. The 2003 50th Anniversary Corvette - special paint, special shale interior, no power upgrades.

I don't see anything different with the Ron Fellows Z06 therefore, GM is following along with their past record. Why did Corvette enthusiasts expect anything different this time; especially considering the amount of money it takes to EPA certify new powertrain options and the 2008 SS or whatever it's going to be called, is on the horizon?

The C5 Corvette came real close to not even seeing the light of day. Ten years later, we have Corvette enthusiasts *****ing about two special edition Corvettes that only come with special paint and stickers during a time when the American automotive industry is severely hurting as seen in GM's quarterly financial reports last year, and Ford's recent $12+ billion dollar loss reported this year.

Go figure....

Personally, I love the C6. I love the look of it, I love the front end, the exposed headlights, etc. Considering that the Corvette has had some close calls in its past, I'm just glad it's weathered the storms and continues to be built today.

Considering that the Corvette has had some close calls in its past,
I'm just glad it's weathered the storms and continues to be built today.

SO VERY TRUE.

-zBill.:v
ENJOY THE RIDE.

As for the Pace Car, I think it's probably one of the most tasteful Corvette Pacecars Chevrolet has done in quite some time.

I agree. Some of the pace cars have been quite vivid, and because of that, I think, rarely driven - even by those who haven't bought them just for an investment.

I happen to like white cars and the Ron Fellows Edition would be on my short list if I could afford such a thing. I think it's great that Chevy is honoring Ron for his accomplishments and all that he has done for the Corvette racing program. I don't see a thing wrong with acknowledging that he is Canadian. I love the stripes. Corvettes are sold and raced all over the globe so giving credit where it's due is fine with me. He has sure earned it.

Having spent some time in a C6 Z06 I can't imagine why GM would think that they needed to upgrade the power in the Ron Fellows Edition or the pace car. As for the pace car, one reason that the IRL keeps coming back to the Corvette is that it is more than capable of getting the job done without performance modifications. It used to be that the cars actually used at the track for pacing the race had special built engines and beefed up suspensions. The replicas available from the dealer to the general public had production engines. I can remember reading about the build ups on some of the Oldsmobiles and other cars. Very little of the stock engines made it into the actual pace car.

Is Chevrolet giving us such a great product that we are becoming jaded and fantastic is no longer good enough? I feel that Chevrolet deserves a :upthumbs on these 2 cars. Well done.

Tom

I think they're both gorgeous and very tastefully done. Thank goodness they didn't go crazy with the colors like a 3rd grader with a new box of crayons this time.

That beautiful white Z06... ah yes,that would be quite an addition to any collection :m

I think the US owners should be lucky....Europe is only getting 33 cars....but their plus is that they get a special package not in the states....which i think will make it more personal and enjoyable....:w

So the Ron Fellows autograph is really just his name printed in block letters in the stripe?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom