Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ron Fellows Championship Z06 And Indy Pace Car Replica Convertible Editions Make 2007

So the Ron Fellows autograph is really just his name printed in block letters in the stripe?

Don't really know, but he'd sign it as many times in whatever locations if you went to a race and asked him to. He's :upthumbs

I think they are both great looking Corvettes. And as vettboy would say, they have feelings and we should remember that they are living and breathing things. ;)

:w Jane Ann

Well put.:)...and they're all Gods' cars too.

Corvette not Canadian??????

Z06: I think it's a bit odd to see the maple leaf on the Corvette. Ron may be Canadian, but Corvette never has been... GM trying to increase Canadian sales with this thing?

The pace car is pretty tasteful... It's nice to see them go back to a mild version, like the '78 and '86 Pace Cars.

Vettelt193,
Surely you're mistaken. The Z06 engine is cast in Mexico, shipped to Canada and machined and assembled there before being shipped to Bowling Green.

The brake master cylinder and all four calipers on EVERY Corvette since 1983 has been maufactured (cast, machined & assembled) in Melbourne Australia. The drive shaft and its torque tube on EVERY C5 and C6 has also been manufactured in Melbourne Australia. I have been told but am unable to confirm that the ECU on every late model Corvette has been made in Australia as well.

So the Corvette is not an "American" car. It is a US/Australian/Mexican/Canadian potpourri that is great because of the sum of its parts. I decline to call it the best sports car in the world purely on the grounds that it is not built in Right Hand Drive. Well, not yet, anyway. Wait for the C7!

Regards from Down Under:beer

aussiejohn

Eh... never was one for white, and Atomic Orange looks like Rust to me.

Glad I'm not in the market for a new 'vette. I already have a car with the red fender stripes anyway. :_rock

:w

HERE WE GO AGAIN. TWO NEW VETTES. SO WHAT. SO HERE IS ANOTHER ZO6AND A PACE CAR. BIG DEAL.
HELL YA ITS A BIG DAMN DEAL AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT TOO! TWO MORE TOYS WE CAN ALL LOOK AT AND FEEL THE "NEW CORVETTE DISIRE". SOMETHING WE CAN SEE SOMEONE ELSE DRIVING AND FEEL THAT LITTLE TINGE. YES THEY ARE HERE FOR US TO OWN.
YES THEY ARE BOTH DISIRABLE. THEY ARE CORVETTES!!!!!!!

Two new Vettes

:boogie

Sales might be off !

The only reason that l can think of for slapping on the decals and calling it a limited or special edition is to move more vettes.

It's ok because a real vette man or woman knows the real difference. This is for newbies.

Alan;shrug

Special paint, badges, graphics, logos, rims, seat trim, windshield banners, low production quantities....

sounds like special edition descriptions to me. And I'm not even a newbie. ;)

AND..... all this on cars which need little or no modification to "perform their on-track duties."

The 2007 Corvette’s powertrain and suspension, including the 400-horsepower (298 kW) LS2 small-block V-8 engine, are more than adequate to maintain the speed, acceleration and handling required to lead the pack around the famed “Brickyard” race track.

woot.gif

:_rock
I happen to like white cars and the Ron Fellows Edition would be on my short list if I could afford such a thing. I think it's great that Chevy is honoring Ron for his accomplishments and all that he has done for the Corvette racing program. I don't see a thing wrong with acknowledging that he is Canadian. I love the stripes. Corvettes are sold and raced all over the globe so giving credit where it's due is fine with me. He has sure earned it.

Having spent some time in a C6 Z06 I can't imagine why GM would think that they needed to upgrade the power in the Ron Fellows Edition or the pace car. As for the pace car, one reason that the IRL keeps coming back to the Corvette is that it is more than capable of getting the job done without performance modifications. It used to be that the cars actually used at the track for pacing the race had special built engines and beefed up suspensions. The replicas available from the dealer to the general public had production engines. I can remember reading about the build ups on some of the Oldsmobiles and other cars. Very little of the stock engines made it into the actual pace car.

Is Chevrolet giving us such a great product that we are becoming jaded and fantastic is no longer good enough? I feel that Chevrolet deserves a :upthumbs on these 2 cars. Well done.

Tom
:beer

It could not have been better said.

I want a Ron Fellows Z06 - would look great next to my SW '02 coupe.

Vettelt193,
Surely you're mistaken. The Z06 engine is cast in Mexico, shipped to Canada and machined and assembled there before being shipped to Bowling Green.

aussiejohn

Sorry, mate - the engine is assembled in Wixom, Michigan, by a single assembly craftsman - an American. It's designed in America, too.

Of course, the car is international - it's world class. So are Americans - and Australians :beer .

I can't help but want one. I've had 6 Corvettes over the last 14 years so I'm no newbie. It will be real tough getting a Ron edition with those low production numbers.

PRS Custom Guitar Commemorates Special Edition Ron Fellows Z06 Corvette

PRS Custom Guitar Commemorates Special Edition Ron Fellows Z06 Corvette

Press release
Source: PRS Guitars
February 5, 2007

On February 8th, the aisles at the McCormick Place in Chicago will be filled with auto enthusiasts from across the world where Chevrolet will introduce a special edition Ron Fellows Corvette. Ron has had a long and successful career racing everything from NASCAR stock cars to Formula cars. For the last 9 years, he has driven for the factory Corvette team, first in the C5.R and then the C6.R when it was released in 2005. Ron has podiumed 6 of 7 times at Lemans, the famous 24 hour race in France, with two of these being class wins.

PRS Guitars began sponsorship of the Corvette Racing team during the 2005 racing season. PRS logos will be seen again on the cars for the 2007 season opener at the 12 hours of Sebring. The Maryland based guitar manufacturer built approximately 400 custom Corvette Z06 branded guitars in 2005 and 2006, offered in identical colors as the Z06 Corvettes and incorporated an inlayed Z06 fingerboard.

PRS will present a custom guitar to Ron in commemoration of his career. The guitar, based on the PRS Corvette standard 22, features a paint scheme that matches Ron’s signature Corvette. PRS is also pleased that the guitar will be appreciated by Ron, a guitarist who already owns a Paul Reed Smith. “Having a car named after me is amazing...having a one-off guitar made to commemorate this moment makes it even more special. Let’s face it, I’m just a Neil Young wannabe. I love music; this instrument will have a great home in my growing collection of wonderful guitars”, says Ron Fellows.

Jack Higginbotham, President of PRS Guitars adds “We have enjoyed a great synergistic relationship with Corvette and the Corvette Racing Team. High performance, made in America, high quality and an aspirational appeal are just some of the common ties that help to form the partnership. We own Corvettes, put them on track, and enjoy the performance and quality that has been engineered into the cars. We hope that owners of PRS guitars derive the same pleasure as we do from our Corvettes.”

The GM Racing-PRS Guitars partnership extends through March 2008. Images of the Corvette guitars can be seen on the PRS website at: www.prsguitars.com. For more information on Corvette Racing, go to: www.corvetteracing.com.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="302"><tbody><tr><td class="tableborder" style="border-bottom-style: none;" width="100%">
covettespecial.gif
</td></tr><tr><td class="tableborder" style="border-top-style: none; border-top-width: medium;" width="100%">
PRS Custom Ron Fellows Z06 Corvette Guitar​
</td></tr></tbody></table>

As a thirty year Guitar player I find this a pathetic marketing ploy! I do agree that corvettes and rock-n-roll go together (see my own photoshop I did this summer with my own ZR-1 and my own guitars and harmonica) but this is over the top! I would never buy one myself ( the Z06 guitar) any more than I would buy a RF Z06. Even if a ZR-1 guitar were released by Gibson I would not want one. Some things should remain distinct from others and in this case I draw the line. Now I am sure the "kiddies" might think it is really kool and buy the heck out of this marketing ploy--but for me "no way jose" JIMO
I know I made the comment b4 that the "Loud and Proud" 98 pace car is what I think one should look like...but just like this guitar when I was 20 sumthin I might have wanted a 98 styled pace car (to wow my buddies with--- that my rich daddy bought me) same thing for this guitar---IT IS FOR THE KIDS:_rock ---LAMO
ZR-1-DAM-ROCK-N-ROLL.jpg

I would like to buy a Ron Fellows Z06 but I wouldn't buy the guitar. Heck, I have a hard enough time just playing the radio.

Tom

Vettelt193,

The brake master cylinder and all four calipers on EVERY Corvette since 1983 has been maufactured (cast, machined & assembled) in Melbourne Australia. The drive shaft and its torque tube on EVERY C5 and C6 has also been manufactured in Melbourne Australia. I have been told but am unable to confirm that the ECU on every late model Corvette has been made in Australia as well.

So the Corvette is not an "American" car. It is a US/Australian/Mexican/Canadian potpourri that is great because of the sum of its parts. I decline to call it the best sports car in the world purely on the grounds that it is not built in Right Hand Drive. Well, not yet, anyway. Wait for the C7!

aussiejohn

The Corvette is mostly American. I know many parts come from different places, but the majority of the car is American and it's known as an American Sports Car. The maple leaf on the car is most certainly a tribute to Ron Fellows and while it's a nice tribute it just seems a bit odd to me. It almost seems intentionally slipped into the theme of the car to make it hardly noticed... like finding a beaver on the back of one of the coins in your pocket :L

I can't remember seeing the American Flag placed so prominently on a Corvette, which I would like to see first.

My God people....why are you arguing about a friggin maple leaf on a limited edition Corvette???

Seriously, WHO CARES!?

This car honors a guy that is Canadian who happens to race an AMERICAN sports car, for an AMERICAN company. He's an extremely talented race car driver AND has done a hell of a lot to promote the car, the legend, and the icon through his talent.

Again, I ask: who cares if they want to put a Maple Leaf on part of the hash mark that appears on a bumper as part of the honor!?!?!?!?!?

The Corvette is an AMERICAN sports car regardless of the fact that a majority of the atoms that went into the rubber coating of the electrical wires, originated in China, or God only knows where.

The parts arrive here in the States, and the entire car is ASSEMBLED in Bowling Green, Kentucky by Americans living in this country.

The Corvette isn't a "little" American, or "mostly" American. IT IS 100% AMERICAN that is composed of mostly foreign-made parts - just like every other American-made car.

The company that owns Chevrolet and Corvette is AMERICAN.

Who cares where the parts are manufactured!?

As for the placing of an American flag prominently on the Corvette....go run through some of the pictures of past Corvette Pace Cars.

Last but not least, if some of you want to argue pathetic issues such as these, maybe you should consider writing to GM and chastise them for using the French fleur de lis in the Corvette's emblem. I mean after all, Americans have now developed this ridiculous hatred for the French right down to their Fries. How dare they put a French symbol on our beloved "American" sportscar.

Unreal.... :eyerole :eyerole :eyerole

new Pace car

White is traditionally one of the lowest selling colors, but I guess like the traditional Red it cannot be deleted from the color chart. No biggie, the Fellows car does look nice. I personally like the Daytona color a little better than the Atomic Orange, and I think a little more could have been done to make the pace car standout a little more. I not pushing for orange wheel here tho. There is a tremendous investment by Chevy in keeping the pace car status of the Vette. Not only do we have a half dozen or so pace cars, they also kick in "track" Vettes, trucks [recently SSR's] and who knows what else. It has to be a huge investment. I was kinda hoping Dieter would pop a 600 h.p. Viper in this year, but I think Chevy is too entrenched, and the investment of the support vehicles is too much for DC. [they probably don't have any production Vipers ready yet either.] My 300M club is meeting up at Indy on Bump weekend and hoping to do a lap [weather permitting] before the Mayor's Breakfast [$60 per] kicks off. I am looking forward to seeing the pace car up close and personal. It was great hearing the commo with Lance Armstrong driving the Pace car when the guy told him to "ease it up to 110." Nice. :)

My God people....why are you arguing about a friggin maple leaf on a limited edition Corvette???

Seriously, WHO CARES!?

This car honors a guy that is Canadian who happens to race an AMERICAN sports car, for an AMERICAN company. He's an extremely talented race car driver AND has done a hell of a lot to promote the car, the legend, and the icon through his talent.

Again, I ask: who cares if they want to put a Maple Leaf on part of the hash mark that appears on a bumper as part of the honor!?!?!?!?!?

The Corvette is an AMERICAN sports car regardless of the fact that a majority of the atoms that went into the rubber coating of the electrical wires, originated in China, or God only knows where.

The parts arrive here in the States, and the entire car is ASSEMBLED in Bowling Green, Kentucky by Americans living in this country.

The Corvette isn't a "little" American, or "mostly" American. IT IS 100% AMERICAN that is composed of mostly foreign-made parts - just like every other American-made car.

The company that owns Chevrolet and Corvette is AMERICAN.

Who cares where the parts are manufactured!?

As for the placing of an American flag prominently on the Corvette....go run through some of the pictures of past Corvette Pace Cars.

Last but not least, if some of you want to argue pathetic issues such as these, maybe you should consider writing to GM and chastise them for using the French fleur de lis in the Corvette's emblem. I mean after all, Americans have now developed this ridiculous hatred for the French right down to their Fries. How dare they put a French symbol on our beloved "American" sportscar.

Unreal.... :eyerole :eyerole :eyerole

The pace cars that pay a sort of tribute to the American flag were in 2004 and 2006. The 1996 Grand Sports can also be said to pay a tribute to it, on color only. The 2004 and 2006 pace cars were not available for sale to the general public. Festival cars were available in those years, but I don't remember them looking anything like the actual pace cars (From memory, both 2004 and 2006 festival cars looked pretty similar, '04 was a CE and '06 was also a blue car, but with gray top and interior). I am sure many corvettes in the past have had American Flags, Canadian flags or whatever else painted/stuck on them... but they were not production cars.

The fleur de lis, while generally associated with the French is really more of a European symbol... it was brought to America with the first Europeans that came here and generally part of our culture as a symbol with many meanings.

I care where the parts are built for the Corvette. If a car is built in America, but all the parts are built elsewhere, we are only supporting one American factory of workers. If a car and most of it's parts are built in America we are supporting many factories of American workers. As an American, this means something to me. The only sad thing about this is the millions of Americans that can't grasp this concept.

Like I've said before about Ron. It's a nice (and well deserved) tribute to him. But it seems odd to bring the Canadian thing into it.

I also certainly don't want to get a rise out of bringing it up, I am really curious if any one else finds it odd. In the way the world turns, if ya don't like it, don't buy it... I won't be buying it but I am SURE all of them will be sold to people who do like it:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom