Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ron Fellows Championship Z06 And Indy Pace Car Replica Convertible Editions Make 2007

Being half Canuck and half Yank I really have never seen much difference between us (Qubec excepted). I suppose u might find the same arguement made in Texas or Kalimexico as well but I do see a big difference between those two country wise (USA and Mexico).

And since nothing is wholly made in USA much these days (complex products that is) then it is really a mute point abt mfg specific locallity any more.

I venture to say that you cannot hardly find any all USA made complex products any more.

They should leave the flag off the USA RF vette models and put it on the export ones to Canada.

Problem solved!:)

2007 Chicago Auto Show: Corvette Heats It Up

Chicago February 7, 2007; Corvette is stoking the fires at the Chicago Auto Show during media days Feb. 7-8 with two special-edition Corvettes that will be sold in limited quantities.

Chevrolet will offer the 2007 505-hp Ron Fellows ALMS GT1 Champion Corvette Z06 in Arctic White to recognize the contributions that Fellows has made to the Corvette Racing program, which has produced six consecutive ALMS GT1 manufacturers championships. Fellows also has been instrumental in development driving for the Corvette Z06 and in technology transfer from the racing program to Corvette engineering.

Chevrolet also will be showing the Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Corvette Convertible in Atomic Orange that will pace the running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 27, 2007. For the first time since 1998, a production version of the pace car will be available in a limited run of 500, all with the Z51 performance package.

Please stop by to see us in the Chevy stand. We'll have the following people available for interviews on Corvette: Ron Fellows, Corvette Racing driver--Wednesday only Tom Wallace, GM Vehicle Line Executive for Performance Cars--Wednesday and Thursday Harlan Charles, Corvette product manager--Wednesday and Thursday Ray Krawczyk, GM Performance Cars program manager--Wednesday and Thursday.

At 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday in the Chevrolet stand, Paul Reed Smith Guitars--a Corvette Racing sponsor--will make a special presentation to Ron Fellows of a one-of-a-kind guitar matching the special edition Corvette Z06.

Additional Chevy opportunities: Chevrolet also will have the freshly unveiled Camaro convertible concept and the Malibu in the stand, and we'll be glad to get you a closer look at these vehicles. If you haven't yet gotten a good look at the refined interiors, you only have half the story so let us show you.

Source: Theautochannel.com

Rob, you've done an outstanding job of providing factual info on these two special Corvettes....A big THANK YOU! :beer

If plans go as expected, one of the RF White Z06's will be parked in my garage this spring. :)

Zippy :D :D

Rob, you've done an outstanding job of providing factual info on these two special Corvettes....A big THANK YOU! :beer

If plans go as expected, one of the RF White Z06's will be parked in my garage this spring. :)

Zippy :D :D

Thanks Zippy. I appreciate it. :)

Fellows adds to records with signature 'Vette

Canadian racing hero honoured with first-ever signed special edition Corvette, Arctic white Z06<!-- PUBLISH DATE -->
Feb 10, 2007 04:30 AM
<!-- AUTHOR 1 -->Gerry Malloy
<!-- CREDIT 1-->Special to the Star
<!-- ARTICLE CONTENT-->
History was made this week in Chicago with the introduction of the Ron Fellows ALMS GT1 Champion Corvette Z06 – the first signature-series model to honour a Canadian race driver.

"I'm honoured and flattered to have my name on a car of any type, let alone this very special Corvette," says Fellows, who was born in Windsor and lives in Mississauga.

"This is very cool."

Fellows has played a major role in both the development and racing success of the Corvette at Le Mans and in the American Le Mans Series, where it has won six consecutive GTS/GT1-class manufacturer's championships.

"The special signature-series Z06 model that bears his name will forever link him to one of the greatest eras in factory racing," says Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.

Fellows helped test and develop the first Corvette C5-R race car and recorded the team's first win in 2000. He also won the ALMS GTS class championship in 2002 and shared that position in 2003 and '04, as well as recording class wins at Le Mans in 2001 and 2002.

Fellows says that when the idea of the signature-series model was first proposed to him last fall, his response was: "You want to do what?"

But he enthusiastically agreed and took part in the design reviews as the concept progressed through the fall and winter.

He says the designers quite effectively captured his personality with the graphics treatment. "It's subtle, not super-loud."

Fellows is particularly pleased that the car features a full-width rear spoiler, which will be a very valuable asset for racing, he says.

He expresses his thanks to everyone at Corvette production for making the car a reality, adding that it is also an honour for his family.

The Ron Fellows ALMS GT1 Champion Corvette Z06 is distinguished by Arctic white paint (including the door handles) that is accented with a racing-style red fender stripe and Fellows' autograph. The front fender graphics are reminiscent of those on the Corvette GT1 race car and include callouts of the championship years when Fellows was at the wheel.

There is also a maple leaf logo motif incorporated with the graphics, a nod to Fellows' heritage. As well, the car's paint and graphics use a red-over-white colour scheme.

The car's special red interior includes tech-pattern trim and a red leather-covered armrest with a Corvette-signature "cross flags" logo that is hand-signed and numbered by Fellows.

The reality of the project "really hit home" a couple of weeks ago, Fellows says, when he visited the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Ky., to see the first three models come off the line.

It took Fellows half a day to sign all 399 cars in the series – a real workout for his arm, which is still recovering from off-season shoulder surgery.

The Ron Fellows Z06 is the first signed special edition in Corvette's 54-year history, and is the first Arctic White Z06 ever offered.

If you want one, you'd better get your order in quickly. Only 399 are planned for production, of which just 33 will be destined for Canada. When they're gone, they're gone, the company says.

Price? Ahem, $100,795 a copy.

Appropriately, No. 001 in the series – the car unveiled this week at the Chicago auto show – will be Fellows' own.

Source: Toronto Star - http://www.thestar.com/Wheels/article/179664

The only reason that l can think of for slapping on the decals and calling it a limited or special edition is to move more vettes.

It's ok because a real vette man or woman knows the real difference. This is for newbies.

Alan;shrug

The Ron Fellows Z06 is the first signed special edition in Corvette's 54 year history, and is the first Arctic White Z06 ever offered.

"It's ok because a real Vette man or woman knows the real difference. This is for newbies." Please elaborate.

Your comment about the only reason is to sell more Vettes....I don't see it that way because the plant in BG is one of the few GM facilities working overtime to keep up with demand, and each car built is either already sold to a customer or dealer ordered. "Move more Vettes" :confused I don't think so.

Zippy :) :)

The Ron Fellows Z06 is the first signed special edition in Corvette's 54 year history, and is the first Arctic White Z06 ever offered.

"It's ok because a real Vette man or woman knows the real difference. This is for newbies." Please elaborate.

Your comment about the only reason is to sell more Vettes....I don't see it that way because the plant in BG is one of the few GM facilities working overtime to keep up with demand, and each car built is either already sold to a customer or dealer ordered. "Move more Vettes" :confused I don't think so.

Actually, didn't the 2001 Z06 come in Arctic White?

Edit: My bad. 352 Speedway White Z06s were produced in 2001. So technically, you're right, an Arctic White Z06 has never been produced for sale to the public.

I also agree - the BG Plant is doing all it can to keep up with demand. And besides, last time I checked, GM is in business to make money. And how does an automotive manufacturer make money? It tries to sell more of its product; a backbone concept that drives every company in business.

I heard an interview with the Corvette product manager on Moptor Trend Radio and it seems that the logo in the stripe is actually a copy of the artwork on Ron's helmet.

Here's an interesting editorial that appeared in a Canadian newspaper:

-----------------------------------------------------

Slap in the face
GARY DRAVES

(Feb 12, 2007)

I must respond to the Feb. 9 article, Special Edition Corvette Z06 Pays Tribute To Canadian Racer.

General Motors announced production of a limited edition "Canadian" Corvette paying tribute to Canadian racer Ron Fellows; so far, so good. The special edition features a Maple Leaf logo motif in the graphics and red over white colour scheme representing Canada's colours; again a good move.

The problem with this celebratory edition is that only 33 units are available to Canada, all of which will be scooped up by dealership owners, while 366 are going to the United States and other markets. This vehicle is essentially not available to the Canadian general consumer.

I see this as a slap in the face to Canadian sportscar enthusiasts by General Motors.

Gary Draves

http://www.therecord.com/NASApp/cs/...2&call_pageid=1024322168441&col=1024322594318

Right

Here's an interesting editorial that appeared in a Canadian newspaper:

-----------------------------------------------------

Slap in the face
GARY DRAVES

(Feb 12, 2007)

I must respond to the Feb. 9 article, Special Edition Corvette Z06 Pays Tribute To Canadian Racer.

General Motors announced production of a limited edition "Canadian" Corvette paying tribute to Canadian racer Ron Fellows; so far, so good. The special edition features a Maple Leaf logo motif in the graphics and red over white colour scheme representing Canada's colours; again a good move.

The problem with this celebratory edition is that only 33 units are available to Canada, all of which will be scooped up by dealership owners, while 366 are going to the United States and other markets. This vehicle is essentially not available to the Canadian general consumer.

I see this as a slap in the face to Canadian sportscar enthusiasts by General Motors.

Gary Draves

http://www.therecord.com/NASApp/cs/...2&call_pageid=1024322168441&col=1024322594318

:duh

The nose must change!

Hey

While l have enjoyed all of the vettes from the C2's up to the C5's l could never get past the nose of the C6. I will have to wait for the the C7 to come out before l make any kind of move. The C6 Z07 is a mechanical marvel and well worth the price if it's driven and not stored in a garage.

Alan:beer

Gary Graves needs to read his press releases a little closer. First off it's a commemorative edition Corvette honoring a Team Corvette driver that happens to be Canadian, not a Canadian edition. Secondly Chevrolet has allocated cars to the various markets based on sales history. Canada's allocation is the same as the rest of the world combined except the USA.

It is also amazing that he knows already exactly who will be buying each and every car shipped to Canada. Imagine what a great sales tool his crystal ball would be in the hands of GM sales people. They could go directly to the sure things and would never again have to waste time on people that the crystal ball says aren't going to buy a car. Sales would skyrocket.

Tom

The only reason that l can think of for slapping on the decals and calling it a limited or special edition is to move more vettes.

It's ok because a real vette man or woman knows the real difference. This is for newbies.

Alan;shrug

Not a newbie, and I've got it bad for a RF Z06.

I had a blast at the Chicago auto show, and picked up a couple of souvenirs that I don’t want. I have a Ron Fellows Z06 leaflet. I thought someone from the forum might want it. I made sure to keep it from folding so its in perfect condition. If anyone wants it let me know I don’t want any money for it. It would be cool if you had some pictures or something to trade but it’s not necessary.

WOW, that's cool. I'd like the RF brochure, if it's still available.
I could send you something Corvete related in turn.

Zippy :w :w

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Ron Fellows Championship Edition in Toronto

By Rod Cleaver

GM Canada brought in some high horsepower talent in the form of Ron Fellows to host a small media reception on the penultimate day of the Canadian International Auto Show.

Fellows, arguably the most successful Canadian race car driver, then made his was to GM pavilion on the show floor were he was on hand to sign autographs in front of the Championship Edition Chevrolet Corvette Z06 bearing his name.

<center>
fellows1.jpg
</center>

Ron Fellows competes for Corvette Racing in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) but also has had turns with the NASCAR Busch series, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and SSCA sports cars races and has registered victories in all series.

The Championship Edition Corvette Z06 is a limited run of 399 vehicles and features a unique appearance package both inside and out. Most noticeable will be the red maple leaf and red racing stripes against the Arctic white base. The vehicle also bears his name and signature in the metallic red paint.

<center>
corvetteZ06.jpg
</center>

One fortunate buyer of the limited edition Z06 was on hand to meet Ron Fellows and get a personal autograph from the inspiration for his yet to be delivered hot rod. General Motors will produce 300 for the US market, 33 for Canadian buyers and 66 for other International destinations. Ron joked that he already has serial number 001 spoken for. The vehicle lists for $100,795 CDN, although with only 2 options available and added in, OnStar and a Navigation system, brings the total to $104,010.

Source: http://www.autoreviewsonline.com/features/article/?article=022608160

I received the NCM-eNews today. They will be raffling off a limited number of tickets for a Ron Fellows Z06 at the Bash this April :cool

Ron Fellows Z06 #3 Presentation at Bash Event

Ron Fellows will be making a special presentation of the VIN#3 Ron Fellows Z06 to the Museum as part of the Bash event.

The #3 Ron Fellows Edition Z06 will be used as a raffle fundraiser, and Ron will be attending the event activities and will be making a special presentation of the car and will be available for photos as part of the presentation. The raffle fundraiser will open in mid-March and tickets will be available at the Bash event. Only 500 tickets will be sold at $500 each. Additional information will be made available via our website and following the presentation. You will also want to join us at the Corvette Racing Banquet as part of the Bash, when we will pay a special tribute to Ron for all he means to Corvette Racing as he moves forward with his new endeavors. We hope you can join us and invite you to register for the event online at: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/c5_bash/info.shtml

Received my order number and TPW on the Ron Fellows '07 Z06! :)

Car should be built the week of March 26th. Order status is 3000, which means order accepted by production control. :beer

This is my first R8C option Vette (Museum delivery). A no-brainer since my dealer is in Michigan and we moved to within 75 miles of the NCM. Can hardly wait!

Received my order number and TPW on the Ron Fellows '07 Z06! :)

Car should be built the week of March 26th. Order status is 3000, which means order accepted by production control. :beer

This is my first R8C option Vette (Museum delivery). A no-brainer since my dealer is in Michigan and we moved to within 75 miles of the NCM. Can hardly wait!

Zippy,

That's awesome!! Keep us posted and when you get it, post some pics! :upthumbs

:cool Can't wait to see the pics.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom