Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Roof panel Carrier

My Wife wants a set of these but doesn't want to spend the money that a complete set goes for I have seen partials on Ebay from time to time

1980-82 V54 optional roof panel carrier. These were installed at the factory. I have one on my '80. They work. To my knowledge they are not being reproduced. These are extremely difficult to find in good shape.

Strap you reference might be the regular Y-strap for the rear compartment. Do you have the wellnuts on your rear deck for mounting the V54?

If you find one, the AIM has a page laying out the dimensions for the necessary holes in the rear deck.

1teaser2-1.jpg

Not my car, but you can see how these look when they are installed. They came with a vinyl bag for storage which clipped above the right rear wheelhouse.

:)

I have mine.found them on another forum,out in California.
I haven't used them b/c I'm not sure how well they would hold the tops on at highway speed, and I'm afraid some one would steal them!!!!
They are very rare as they were only available for 3 years...IF you already have the holes in the rear deck then they were an option on your vette
here's a pic of the back of my vette with holes already in it.If you would like to see the whole thing together let me know and I'll go out and put together with the tops in place and snap some pics for you.....

http://www.web-cars.com/corvette/photo.php?photo=1980-brchr_5B_a.jpg

Does anyone have this? Do they really work? I have straps that came with my car that look like the straps in the photo. I always thought they were a way to keep them safe inside the car. Or did they serve both purposes?
Can these be bought after market? Do I want these?
Are your tops glass? Me personally, I'd never put my glass tops on the back of the car and drive around. Either on the car or in the car. (Or in my garage). I bought the padded T-top carrier bag and have been very happy with it.

Thank you for the replies and the pictures. I guess it wasn't an option on mine as I don't see any places where there look like holes. I think I will buy the rack I saw to store them in the garage when I take them off. Its just hard with New England weather to predict.

Thank you for the replies and the pictures. I guess it wasn't an option on mine as I don't see any places where there look like holes. I think I will buy the rack I saw to store them in the garage when I take them off. Its just hard with New England weather to predict.
I suggest this over the rack... It's what I (and apparently bill81vette) use :upthumbs

(Click on the picture to be taken to the product page)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom