Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Roof Panel

GaryN

I can't find a tool to get the roof panel off on the front. I'm not sure if this is the normal set up or if someone in the past has changed it. The torx wrench works in the back but the front is a bolt on each side that sticks down from the roof. A hole is cut in the top trim to access it. I can see the bolt sticking down and the nut around it and it looks like it is in a tray of some kind because there is a metal plate with a lip around it that the nut sits in. I tried various sizes of deep sockets but can't seem to find anything that will allow me to get deep enough up there and fit the nut and inside the metal lip on the plate. Is there a special tool for this or does anyone have any ideas on what might be used to access the nut. It sits about a half inch up inside the trim. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh it is on a 1988 with an acrylic roof panel. Thanks.

What you describe does not seem to be stock. On my 88 it has the same torx bolts front and rear. The front ones do not come completely out when you loosen them. The supplied torx wrench fits up in the hole in the front trim piece. The holes are kind of behind the sunvisors. If you have an actual nut and bolt it seems like somebody has changed it.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Ron
'Baldie88"

What you describe does not seem to be stock. On my 88 it has the same torx bolts front and rear. The front ones do not come completely out when you loosen them. The supplied torx wrench fits up in the hole in the front trim piece. The holes are kind of behind the sunvisors. If you have an actual nut and bolt it seems like somebody has changed it.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Ron
'Baldie88"
Seems Strange to me Too!!! :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom