Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rotten luck

baxsom

Corvette
72 454 convertible, 2000 C5 Z51
so i am having a piece of fence repaired.
workman said over the phone it would be at least 2 months before they get started.

i am in the middle of a cam and head swap so i have the hood off.
to get the hood out of the way i had it wrapped up in bubble wrap and a tarp and set down on foam in the back yard.

i go away for a few days and get home today and notice that they workmen decide to get started a few months early

and they unwrapped, moved, and scratched my hood.

yeah its 1/2 inch
who cares. i am royally pissed to the point where i came close to having the cops here when they showed back up.

wow thats wicked lame, is it deep?

Have it repainted and deduct the cost from the bill for the fence. Don't tll the guiy until he finishes the fence and bils you. Otherwise he will never finish the fence.

I wonder why they unwrapped it. That sounds kinda silly.

I'd ask the fence company to pay for the damage. You shouldn't have to get short changed. A few years ago, I had central air installed in my home. One of the employees came back from lunch and backed the truck into my garage door, The contractor had to buy me a new garage door. plain and simple !

People just suck. Idiots. Deduct TWICE the cost of your hood repair from the bill for the fence. Fuggem !

it got ugly today.
the owner of the company came to look at my hood.
he said that it wasnt that bad and only a nick so he would get me a bottle of touch up paint.

i told him that i value my car more than the lives of everyone standing in the driveway and it would be fixed perfectly or we would go to court.

why did they unwrap it anyway, doesnt make any sense at all, hopefully you took pictures of how you found it at least,
when they were dong my roof this past fall/winter while woking on it some parts fell from the ceiling storage area below them that they could not even see and had no clue they caused them to fall, and quiet honestly it wasnt thier fault, one of the things that fell was a windjammer for my old c3 that i had listed for sale on e-bay and craigslist, ans when i found it it was broken into 3 pieces, i never asked or even said a word and the contractor offered to pay for it.

some people have no honor or integrity. unfortuntely that is why our country is in the situation it is in in my opinion!!

Well "they" admitted it was damaged.Still puzzled as to why they would unwrapped YOUR property.My friend, you have alot more self control than me.Unfortunately I'm one of those people who admit to my mistakes and when need arises I make restitution.
Some people have no honour or respect for other peoples property.
I had an incident at a car show where this young "snot nose" was
swinging on my side mirror,I asked him to stop to which his mother replied "he's not hurting it". ARRRRR.Lucky for him & Mom my wife wasn't around (she'd have killed 'em both).Fate stepped in a bit later (when I was getting my lunch) Guess who was
in front of me in the queue?? (YUP=snotnose) I waited for him to make his purchase of Hotdogs and drinks & when he walked past
me I tripped that Lil'Bastard up(Food & drinks everywhere)Boy, did Mom pay out on his ass.LOL.
Sometimes KARMA needs a helping hand.
Hope it all works out Okay for you.
Cheers from Downunder
Gav

the foreman said that it came unwrapped when they moved it. that they had no idea of what it was or how valuable it was.

i told him didnt matter. i wish i would have taken pictures but i was so surprised to see my back gate sitting open when i got home the big red blur of anger took over.

Sounds like diplomacy has failed you. Going to Court will eventually piss you off more. Just give your best buddy the cash to bail you out of jail and go kick the $hit out of the owner and the foreman. These dudes sound like real tools. Use the bottle of touch up paint to write the word "Jerk" across their foreheads when you are done. :bash

Well "they" admitted it was damaged.Still puzzled as to why they would unwrapped YOUR property.My friend, you have alot more self control than me.Unfortunately I'm one of those people who admit to my mistakes and when need arises I make restitution.
Some people have no honour or respect for other peoples property.
I had an incident at a car show where this young "snot nose" was
swinging on my side mirror,I asked him to stop to which his mother replied "he's not hurting it". ARRRRR.Lucky for him & Mom my wife wasn't around (she'd have killed 'em both).Fate stepped in a bit later (when I was getting my lunch) Guess who was
in front of me in the queue?? (YUP=snotnose) I waited for him to make his purchase of Hotdogs and drinks & when he walked past
me I tripped that Lil'Bastard up(Food & drinks everywhere)Boy, did Mom pay out on his ass.LOL.
Sometimes KARMA needs a helping hand.
Hope it all works out Okay for you.
Cheers from Downunder
Gav

reminds me of a story of a kid i know,

years ago as i walked out of a local grocery store i watched a woman i know laughing as her young son was pushing shopping carts down the lot into parked cars, luckily for both of them my car was on the other end. i said something to her and her answer was how much damage could he be doing give me a break and waved me off.. i hate that woman to this day and laugh my ass off when ever i hear her name because the only time she is mentioned is when people are talkng about her little bastard son who is all grown up now and has just gotten out of prison for the 2nd time (by prison i mean long term jail sentence, he has been in and out of county jail in between his prison terms and is on his way back in for burglary im told) and to this day she defends him and every time the police show up looking for him they are picking on him... maybe if she had been a little more strict with her son and taught him to respect other peoples property he wouldnt have turned into a career criminal!!

as far as your hood goes, some people just cant do anything without breaking something!! my cook is on the verge of un-employment for the very same reason....:mad...... the guy can break anything and doesnt understand the term dont touch!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom