Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[RPO Sticker] Early C4 Owners

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
For those of you that own early C4s - 1984, 1985, 1986, etc., where is the RPO or Service Parts Identification sticker located on your Vettes? On later C4 model years I believe they were located under the center console lid.

• Admin
vader86 said:
Mine was in the drivers side compartment. 86 Coupe

Where in the driver's side compartment? Ya have to be specific. I'm going to be using the information in our Model Center. :D

Mine is on the center portion of the rear storage compartment, 85. Can be easily read by flipping the drivers seat forward, and leaning in behind the seat.

• Admin
berky2500 said:
Mine is on the center portion of the rear storage compartment, 85. Can be easily read by flipping the drivers seat forward, and leaning in behind the seat.
Excellent, thank you! :)

• Admin
You read my mind, I was thinking of asking you where this info was going to reside, but figured I would look around for it later.

Same place....lift the lid , behind drivers seat and there it is.

Likewise my early 86. Open the driver's compartment, it's on the 'ledge' toward the center of the car.
[RICHR]

It was on that flat space beside the little cubby hole in the drivers' compartment.

Same for my 84

Rear comparment, drivers side.
Gave me an excuse to go take a peek to make sure.

I don't mind winter, but it has been in the garage
for >2 months now. Snapped a few photos for my files.

RS

86 Convertible. On the underside of the center console door. Vert's have no storage compartments, the rear speakers are there instead.

Finally! Someone else with the sticker under the lid. I even transfered my original sticker when I replaced the lid last year. At least now I know I wasn't mistaken, and maybe I'm not crazy after all. Well... maybe I am a little crazy though. :crazy

_ken :w

I think on the Verts they took the storage bins out and moved the speakers forward so when you have the top down you get sound from the rear. If the speakers were in the back like a coupe sound from the rear would muffled by the top in the down position.

Is a little bit crazy like a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll?? :L

:Twist

Hi...new guy here. Love the site! My early '87 Coupe (00123) has the sticker under the center console lid.

On the convertible speaker thing, the speakers did move to the rear of the storage compartment in, I believe 1990. They were angled somewhat so they were aiming at the passenger compartment. I assumed they did that so you could actually put something in the luggage compartment without setting that something directly ON the speakers.

87Z52 said:
Hi...new guy here. Love the site! My early '87 Coupe (00123) has the sticker under the center console lid.

On the convertible speaker thing, the speakers did move to the rear of the storage compartment in, I believe 1990. They were angled somewhat so they were aiming at the passenger compartment. I assumed they did that so you could actually put something in the luggage compartment without setting that something directly ON the speakers.

Al,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Glad you're enjoying the site and thanks for the information. :)

Sticker is located on the underside of the lid to the compartment between the seats on my late production 86'

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom