Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Ruby Considerations -- Your Thoughts

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

Trail Boss

Corvette
2005 C6 Z51 Black
In 1993 my wife gave me a 40th Anniversary as a Birthday surprise. Our Ruby has 11K miles and is all original. We now have a C6 as a garage mate and prior to that a ‘97 C5.
We rarely drive our Ruby and we have reached a point where we are considering either selling Ruby or loaning it to an Automobile Museum nearby.

Any view points on the best way to go?

Thanks!

Trail Boss said:
In 1993 my wife gave me a 40th Anniversary as a Birthday surprise. Our Ruby has 11K miles and is all original. We now have a C6 as a garage mate and prior to that a ‘97 C5.
We rarely drive our Ruby and we have reached a point where we are considering either selling Ruby or loaning it to an Automobile Museum nearby.

Thanks!
fascinating... do you ever drive them or you just buy them? I am not the one to give an opinion, I drive mine too much.....:L

CLABORN1960 said:
fascinating... do you ever drive them or you just buy them? I am not the one to give an opinion, I drive mine too much.....:L

Sold the '97 C5 last year, which we bought new in Spring of '97, and it had been driven 26158 miles in nine years (little less than 3K average per year). The '05 C6 already has over 15K on the odometer . We are driving the C6 at over twice the rate of the C5. With the C6, I finally have come to the conclusion that a Vette should be enjoyed and is ment to be driven :Steer Not in a garage most of its life.

Ruby has always been special to us and is in prestine condition.

Trail Boss said:

Thanks!

Is the Ruby a coupe or convertible? Stick or auto?

Elaine

Trail Boss said:
Six Speed Coupe with both tops.

Thanks. What are you asking for it?

Elaine

GS Diva said:
Thanks. What are you asking for it?

Elaine

Still trying to decide if selling is the way to go so we have not even considered what we would ask.

Keep it! the new cars are not all that special and the 40ths will one day bring alot of attention especially with such low mileage.

just my .02

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom