Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Running Lights

Sportsmiss

Corvette
2002 convertible
My right front running light keeps going out - I have it replaced and within 2 weeks it's not working again. All other lights work fine....any suggestions on the problem?

Are you talking about the daytime running lights in the front? The side marker lights in the front or the directional signal lights?

Also, are you talking about having to replace bulbs or the entire light assembly?

Sorry, I'm talking about the daytime front running lights - bulb has been replaced, not the entire assembly.

If it's always the same side check the socket. It may be bad. Those run pretty hot and the socket can weather and get loose. When that happens the bulb can arc out against the socket. If the plastic base on the bulb has burn marks by the contact, change out the socket and use bulb grease. Make sure you are using the right bulb (4157NAK). The 3157A are painted and flake off in DRL mode.

Check the top of the lens assembly. The bulbs run hot and will actually burn a hole through the top over time. Pulling the lens assembly out isn't fun but will be necessary to fix this issue. I replaced both at the same time and don't expect to replace them again for another 8 years.

Some background on why I found this: One of the lenses was cracked and I thought water was getting in that way. I suspected water hit the hot bulb and popped it so I was going to replace the assembly. After pulling it out, I saw the hole above the bulb...

Let me know what you find. I would expect more people to have this problem if they haven't already.

I jusy replaced the socket on the driver's side because it showed burn marks and continually quit working.
Dorman part # is 85882. It's a pretty easy fix by going into the access panel under the light. If you have small arms, you can reach in through the brake air duct and pull out the socket and rewire.

I jusy replaced the socket on the driver's side because it showed burn marks and continually quit working.
Dorman part # is 85882. It's a pretty easy fix by going into the access panel under the light. If you have small arms, you can reach in through the brake air duct and pull out the socket and rewire.

Twist the brake duct about 1/4 turn and it'll come out of there and give you all sorts of room!~!!:thumb

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom