Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rusty Wallace to field Toyotas in 2010

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
HOMESTEAD, Fla. Rusty Wallace Racing is moving its Nationwide Series team from Chevrolet to Toyota next season.​

Wallace, who is a NASCAR analyst for ESPN, also will represent the Toyota brand on a national basis.

His team will field cars for Steve Wallace and Brendan Gaughan. RWR had used Chevrolets the past two seasons.

Wallace says he toured Toyota's racing facility in North Carolina and became convinced that the manufacturer has the best products for the Nationwide Series.

The three American manufacturers in NASCAR have had to reduce their support for Nationwide teams during their financial restructuring.

Rusty Wallace to field Toyotas in 2010 | www.thatsracin.com

RustyWallaceToyota.jpg

what about America

it figures we are all suspose to buy american. then these people switch to non american. i use to really like rusty but now i'm not sure.

there is probably more, i dont follow nascar like i did a long time ago, mainly because every orther word is about sponsors and i got tire of it. drinken there sodas, changing hats etc.

it figures we are all suspose to buy american. then these people switch to non american. i use to really like rusty but now i'm not sure.

I've never been afflicted with that problem

;)

This post brings up something else I would like to get off my chest. I think it should be changed from NASCAR to NAAR. There IS NOTHING STOCK about any of these cars. Remember the old term, "race on Sunday, buy on Monday?" It used to be you could actually go in the dealer and buy something that resembled the cars. Not now. I think they should race cars that are street legal. I know I'm dating myself here, but shoot, I remember seeing guys smoking cigarettes as they went around the track. Now that's racing! LOL!

Maybe not street legal, but when was the last time that you saw a V-8 powered, real wheel drive Taurus at the dealers? For that matter, they should have to drop the "R" because there ain't no more racing there either. A 500 mile "race" is just 495 laps of prom dancing around the track with 5 laps of gentlemanly discussions about who will cross the finish line first. I quit watching after Dale Sr. died. Not fun to watch (at least on TV) anymore. ******** RANT OVER ********
Andy

give Rusty a break...he needs all the help and money he can get with his NO TALENT kid behind the wheel of a race car................

This post brings up something else I would like to get off my chest. I think it should be changed from NASCAR to NAAR. There IS NOTHING STOCK about any of these cars. Remember the old term, "race on Sunday, buy on Monday?" It used to be you could actually go in the dealer and buy something that resembled the cars. Not now. I think they should race cars that are street legal. I know I'm dating myself here, but shoot, I remember seeing guys smoking cigarettes as they went around the track. Now that's racing! LOL!

Harry Hogg said it best in the movie Days of Thunder. "There ain't nothing stock about a stock car".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom